Why are there no snorkeling sites/forums?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi folks,
Just like to say it's great to read posts that are snorkelling related. Just found this site on the net. Been in the water since my 20s. now 46. Can't keep out of the water and love snorkelling and having access to mother natures 'marine larder' ;-). Fav food, scallops :)

Look forward to reading up on related topics :) I use a Beaver Icelandic Ultra semi-dry, 7mm for cool and additional top for cold. No such thing as warm in Scotland!

cheers lads

Welcome to the snorkelling forum, Scallop Man! As you've no doubt seen from the messages on this thread alone, there are a number of Brit contributors here in addition to your good self. I snorkel off the North East coast of England where there's no fauna and precious little flora - just a few fronds of seaweed - but the sun rising over the horizon, the sandy beach and the usually calm sea-state more than make up for the absence of things to see when snorkelling. To keep warm I use a vintage-style drysuit when I snorkel and that cover-all has proved reasonably effective for sea swims from March to October over the last few years.

Be sure to post more messages, create a new thread or two, don't just lurk and read what's already posted. We need more traffic on this forum. The more posts people contribute, the more people are going to be attracted to the snorkelling forum and start posting new threads of their own. We need a critical mass of people prepared to create, and respond to, snorkelling topics.

Just a couple of quick pics from a dawn snorkel on my last Day in Bonaire a few weeks ago:

baby_on_dawn_snorkel.jpg

IMG_7-09snorkel-0027.JPG

Great pics! Did you use zoom or were you just that close?

Thanks. It took several attempts to get close enough. Don't find myself using the zoom on my DC500 much. Pics are a lot better, in close.

Hi all,

I'm a diver, but really like snorkeling much more. I find it more relaxed and have seen much more than during diving.
Having said that, when looking for new (snorkeling) vacations, I always seems to end up on dive site/forums (like this).
I can never find dedicated snorkeling information for most locations, let alone something of a worldwide snorkeling site (like for diving or surfing)

Why is this?
Am I just not able to find it on the internet, :dork2:
Does diving appeal to more people?

Just wondering, because again I am spending a lot of time to find (the best) spot for snorkeling this years.

Cheers,

Han
HAN,do you like spearfishing?

Back
Top Bottom