Why can I not Paste from clipboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I can copy and paste from my Notepad to and Email draft, or vica versa. I cannot copy and paste from either of those to a post here.

All the time or just some of the time? I cut and paste here all the time, but sometimes it simply stops working. When it does that a clean restart resolves the problem. Here's a pic of the woods I've cleaned up that I've copied and pasted:

wVTEmcn7_L-e9IZJSexLwNAGLWmQRJdyJW4CkVAzvtGMZvfa227YuTsNu00qPwxEliOnCg-fLIP3Uxwezvu9q1tkZEroCBtQ4MXrqR3Cd7GwQN6zbIZJ2uO2_wS-cKfhW0itsWe6eTAqBrrT19tmv42uW21Uy8WmimjA-eD-qyxFsc6LykLgaoc3z7ao5nAVZES-Xw5_53OyfU3bwl_OivKwFOI_BNHPnUzji6MmEed6YoZz41ziB90KyR18KJcyAsgyBhFW6S4MgUdreYPvcSPKdi58SvwVHBqkiHvOdLHBMi5xP60nCuejkvkNIpBZPfrp15BvxcAE-WnlM79cQD6aCkJraSvvqj9wgV0OgeJTWWpk20OyVIJuUibHWXjNs2kYEsN6SVwcQn_6jDj88mcj4QekwfkE5pbX81cxyMlnYuGm34_o7DAo7iwWGjY-fDR68e8Mmr8CMSXgIbqImOnXM8VPIzZaK9gozcoUGH7ajstCJS1iJ4gUHV7vkcZ5f_KMMQCVc3LNBjQXBM4DOwVwJ0Yt0NkkLTrmcTmnHLe2-wNUHx9spYboGxNT8wJ_kfQzQG0KorodpVTfReK3at3KfdBvywMuisBAA6MX=w2278-h1708-no

Here's a pic of the woods I've cleaned up that I've copied and pasted:

Which come up with a No Entry symbol and no image. It often happens with yoru pics (or perhaps I notice them more)
Obv that could be your end as opposed to the site

Copy & paste from a text file
Ah... that's a known Word/xenForo issue. It's a haphazard buggar related to formatting induced by Word. Saving it as plain text or copying it into any plain text editor, such as Notepad is the only workaround. Many had that same issue when we were on vBulletin. There's no rhyme or reason to it and no permanent solution. It's a pain in the butt.

Which come up with a No Entry symbol and no image. It often happens with yoru pics (or perhaps I notice them more)
Obv that could be your end as opposed to the site
I believe it's because I live at the end of the digital dirt road and it takes a while for it to upload. The pic may become visible for you in a day or so. :( I would like to figure this one out, but it eludes me. I am copying out of photos.google.com and I believe that since you don't have privileges to it, that you can't see it until the slow upload process finishes. I'll be changing that over to an Amazon S3 solution in the next week or two where everyone will be allowed to see it resolving that.

copying it into any plain text editor, such as Notepad is the only workaround.
It was a Notepad file I was trying to copy & paste. Couldn't, and still can't.

I could past it to an Email draft, and tried copying from there to paste here, but it didn't work then. I does seem to work now.

I also tried pasting to an OpenOffice Writer document, then copying from there to past, and that works ok.

Interesting.

Copied from WordPad

Copied from Notepad

I'm using the latest Chrome and just copied both lines from the respective apps. Have you tried WordPad?

With Firefox:

for @Diving Dubai

ha7C0CDKrpggQgJNX5v-akpQjwRxz38mRRBiDU0HoYlJOg0qu4x3NAzrxLjmU16pjaI0AlImuT8YU5zQy=w2335-h1750-no.jpg

For @DandyDon

Copied from WordPad

Copied from Notepad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom