Why did I get nauseated? Oil and water in my tank.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Posting his name & shop is tempting, but does involve some risk - and it can be expensive to defend yourself even when innocent & righteous, as we know here on SB. I would never believe him, trade with him, etc. and I would seek help from local authorities.

My guess is that if you speak reasonably with him about the effect of a lawsuit on his business/reputation, he'd probably come to the conclusion that it would justify doing whatever made you happy. Clearly, the cost of servicing the regs and cleaning the BC would be far less than the cost of lost business.

As others in this thread have said, things happen, but it is the after-things-happen response that shows how the shop does business.

Good luck.

Posting his name & shop is tempting, but does involve some risk - and it can be expensive to defend yourself even when innocent & righteous, as we know here on SB. I would never believe him, trade with him, etc. and I would seek help from local authorities.

You could write it in pig latin...or something else...

---------- Post added September 16th, 2014 at 04:55 PM ----------

Agreed with other posters. That shop is the LAST place I'd let touch my equipment after starting this process with them. Ugh..

im surpised all of you guys that had these bad tanks are so willing to protect these businesses rather than your fellow divers by not posting the name.

I can only imagine it is one of two things.
Completely made up and they don't want to be outed or
They are have no respect for themselves or others - makes no sense to me...

Don't mean to be harsh without understanding but if someone put something other than pure air in my tank - we would have a physical altercation until one of us agreed it was a poor decision. For a shop to say it is no big deal and say they won't pay for cleaning my gear as well as profusely apologizing for putting my life in danger has no business in being in business in my opinion. And they would not sit quietly while I thought about it...
I hope I teach my children better than to disengage themselves when put in harms way...

Folks, believe it or not, this happens quite a bit. It has happened to me and my buddies twice now. After the first incident, we worked with DAN who actually payed to have our gas tested at a local air quality inspection place. The person we worked with at DAN published a very informative article in a recent issue of Alert Diver - I highly recommend it.

At first, I was also shocked that this could happen and tempted to post names and kick ass. Which would be a HUGE mistake, and doesn't actually solve anything.

Don't expect a shop to jump at owning up to a cracked filter. This is a huge liability issue. Most shops take great care to avoid this but stuff happens and they are just as shocked as we are when it does happen. Don't forget to check your own air! Oil will leave a unique smell in your air. Not trying to give a pass to shops, just trying to focus on the parts of the situation that we can control and be practical.

SELF RELIANCE. SMELL YOUR TANKS.

A

Folks, believe it or not, this happens quite a bit. It has happened to me and my buddies twice now. After the first incident, we worked with DAN who actually payed to have our gas tested at a local air quality inspection place. The person we worked with at DAN published a very informative article in a recent issue of Alert Diver - I highly recommend it.

At first, I was also shocked that this could happen and tempted to post names and kick ass. Which would be a HUGE mistake, and doesn't actually solve anything.

Don't expect a shop to jump at owning up to a cracked filter. This is a huge liability issue. Most shops take great care to avoid this but stuff happens and they are just as shocked as we are when it does happen. Don't forget to check your own air! Oil will leave a unique smell in your air. Not trying to give a pass to shops, just trying to focus on the parts of the situation that we can control and be practical.

SELF RELIANCE. SMELL YOUR TANKS.

A

Did the shop apologize and offer to clean your regs? Or was that even offered?

Did the shop apologize and offer to clean your regs? Or was that even offered?

One shop was awesome: washed, vized, refilled, etc. total pros.

The other shop lied, denied, and hid.

I think you can guess which one we all continue to support.

Folks, believe it or not, this happens quite a bit. It has happened to me and my buddies twice now. After the first incident, we worked with DAN who actually payed to have our gas tested at a local air quality inspection place.

What did they find?

Back
Top Bottom