Why did you start rebreather diving / what do you love about it ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went zero to hero, and after a year of Open circuit dove a gem, realized its limitations (SCR) and went to CCR. Deeper longer dives. What I love about CCR is the quiet.
Fish just treat us as big bright fish. I love the reserve capacity if stuff goes sideways. You have time to work it out. I love the flexibility of changing dive plan to go longer, deeper, or both if needed (or wanted) What I dont like. Its a lot of work. day 1 during week gather dive gear, day 2 build rebreather, day 3 gather everything up and put in car.Dive saturday, clean sunday, rinse wash repeat. Plus its a physical toll. My Meg weighted is around 130 pounds, coupled with 2 BO 80s and a scooter, thats a crap ton of weight coming out of the water. When we're doing a boat dive on my boat, a lot of gear to transfer to the boat and back. Its a labor of love.

I went zero to hero, and after a year of Open circuit dove a gem, realized its limitations (SCR) and went to CCR. Deeper longer dives. What I love about CCR is the quiet.
Fish just treat us as big bright fish. I love the reserve capacity if stuff goes sideways. You have time to work it out. I love the flexibility of changing dive plan to go longer, deeper, or both if needed (or wanted) What I dont like. Its a lot of work. day 1 during week gather dive gear, day 2 build rebreather, day 3 gather everything up and put in car.Dive saturday, clean sunday, rinse wash repeat. Plus its a physical toll. My Meg weighted is around 130 pounds, coupled with 2 BO 80s and a scooter, thats a crap ton of weight coming out of the water. When we're doing a boat dive on my boat, a lot of gear to transfer to the boat and back. Its a labor of love.

My rebreather ready to dive weighs less than 20lbs, lol

A meg weighs `30lbs? I've never dove one, but put one on my back and it didn't seem that heavy. Or are you diving large onboard tanks?

Gets cold diving 42d water for 3 hours, even with argon and heated vest. Have to carry 8pds alone for swing weight on the 80s.

A meg weighs `30lbs? I've never dove one, but put one on my back and it didn't seem that heavy. Or are you diving large onboard tanks?

in stock configuration it is about 60lbs ready to dive. It's still not that much heavier than say a single steel 130, but it's still lighter than even double al80's

Back
Top Bottom