why do padi shops not recognize ssi first aid training ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Rick
If YOU have Good relations with this Home Instructor Why are You thinking about Going to Some One Else for RESCUE Certification???

YES The Certs are Recognized By each other at Agency Levels But each Shop can say YES OR NO..

Help Him By Giving Him the MONEY and Stay with SSI...

YES I am SSI Instructor as Well as PDIC IANTD CMAS Affilated..

Instructor Trainer Level and Diving for last 33 years.Teaching for 22 years.

Aloha Mark Scott
Mark Scott's Diving Vietnam - Teaching and Diving in VietNam with ALOHA.

hi. thx for writing
without going into a long story.......my work responsibilities (including being on call after hours) prevented me from participating in training on a local level. so when i decided to try and complete some extra training, doing it on holiday was my best option. things at work have since changed and now that i have the extra time, i am doing some training with my local shop. i have done my nav, and am currently trying to complete my stress and rescue. i will need one more specialty to get my master diver card (which is my goal at this point) and i will be doing that course locally as well. just not sure yet what it will be. maybe photography.....maybe science of diving ?? not sure yet.

finally the open water dives are done !! whoo hoo !! found a dry suit that fit at the shop and we went today. myself and three others braved the waters today and had some fun doin it. my buddy and i even went for a twenty minute shallow dive after completing the requirements. water was 39 dgrees F. pretty damn cold. especially when your gloves are only 3mm wet gloves. lol
hooked up with another class that was started after i started so i got some extra pool time in as well. the more the better right ??
on to the "react right" portion of the course......

well i got my stress and rescue card. pretty happy about that. also got my specialty diver card unexpectedly (i know, big deal eh. lol) didn't even know there was a specialty diver card.
just realized once i finish my science of diving i will get my science of diving card, my advanced diver card, and my master diver card all at once. i'm gonna have to buy one of those credit card wallets to keep all the damn cards in. lol
too bad i found out we won't be doin the science course or the react right course until january !! now i probably won't be done until february. oy!! i guess there is a positive about doin courses on holiday......ya pay, ya do it, your done, ya move on to the next one.

merry xmas everyone

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom