Why do some agencies recommend using a bottom timer instead of a computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I propose it's reasonable to assume that factors hadn't been isolated in such a sample.
To a man, as no woman was bent, they all admitted to making miscalculations which resulted in them being bent. All of them felt that we shouldn't hold Ratio Deco liable as this was 'their' fault. The human factor is the weak link here. Deny it all you want, but while PDCs fail every so often, the human brain fails multiple times a day. It's great at nuance but sucks for data integrity and retrieval. Task loading and depth aggravate this to the point that it's my belief that friends don't let friends dive Ratio Deco. I'm certainly not going to. There is simply no real tangible benefit to be derived from it.

To a man, as no woman was bent, they all admitted to making miscalculations which resulted in them being bent. All of them felt that we shouldn't hold Ratio Deco liable as this was 'their' fault. The human factor is the weak link here. Deny it all you want, but while PDCs fail every so often, the human brain fails multiple times a day. It's great at nuance but sucks for data integrity and retrieval. Task loading and depth aggravate this to the point that it's my belief that friends don't let friends dive Ratio Deco. I'm certainly not going to. There is simply no real tangible benefit to be derived from it.
Hi Pete,

How many are we talking exactly and what agency trained them to use ratio deco? To what level were they trained and what were the profiles?

How many are we talking exactly and what agency trained them to use ratio deco? To what level were they trained and what were the profiles?
6 instances with 5 divers. I can't comment any further than what I have.

Listen, if you feel comfortable with Ratio Deco, go for it.

I certainly am not and I don't mind expressing my opinion that friends don't let friends dive Ratio Deco.

I certainly am not and I don't mind expressing my opinion that friends don't let friends dive Ratio Deco.
Utd? Gue? T1 dives? T2?
They’re COMPLETELY different in the schedules they generate. Which one do you think is dangerous? Both?

Seems like you’re clinging to an opinion based on highly suspect anecdotes.

A lot of this thread is debating RD vs RD2.0, as a consequence of the Spinsi study.

I have plotted out the stresses during the dive, and you will be surprised to learn, RD has less stress than its GF 30/80 counterpart.

Further I have presented a possible solution to the un-answered question in the Spinsi test - what is the cause of the elevated bio-markers?

Spinsi study thread on SBhttps://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/spinsi-study.562530/

A lot of this thread is debating RD vs RD2.0, as a consequence of the Spinsi study.

I have plotted out the stresses during the dive, and you will be surprised to learn, RD has less stress than its GF 30/80 counterpart.

Further I have presented a possible solution to the un-answered question in the Spinsi test - what is the cause of the elevated bio-markers?

Spinsi study thread on SB

Yeah... you actually put time into that. Can you cite a corroborating study that reached the same conclusions or do readers need to assume that because you said it that it's true?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom