why do xstreams go stiff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idiot fish

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

wonder if anyone can help me.

I bought two Poseidon xtsream regs recently and I have been finding that after a few dives they stiffen up and I have to keep re-adjusting the 2nd stages.

Any of you guys know why?

Cheers

Poseidons are very finiky regs. Don't get me wrong I dive metal bodied Cyklons, but only the second stages, they're bullit proof, comfortable and easy to rebuild. but the first stages are waaaaaay to hard to service and adjust. I use oceanic diaphragms firsts. The odin/jetstream servo valve design is about as complicated as they get and require a phd and alot of experience to service correctly. The xtream second stage is a mini version of the odin/jetstream design and requires proper adjustment to work right. I tried an xtream reg a few weeks ago and thought it was ok but not worth the ridiculous price. The small second is nice but still not worth the $450 price.

Take it to a poseidon certified tech with a good reputation and he should be able to adjust it to breathe right. If adjusted correctly it should hold its settings.

Back
Top Bottom