Why do you like diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40

Contributor
Reaction score
I like diving because it gives me a chance to view my favorite animals, fish. I've had aquariums all my life, but they all paled in comparison to what a scuba diver can see on a 45 minute dive in Florida. Even in the dreariest quarries I have seen fascinating stuff, bass swimming in formation, schools of fry darting in unison to avoid being eaten, and giant catfish.

So why do you like diving?

Like the sound of the bubbles as I start to get Narked........once a mermaid asked me out, I ran out of air.

Wearing tights, playing with toys, watching people puke, trying to not laugh at the jokes fish tell when I'm narced as I'll lose my reg, and more...!! :lol2:

Golf blows.

Ken

DavidPT40:
I like diving because it gives me a chance to view my favorite animals, fish. I've had aquariums all my life, but they all paled in comparison to what a scuba diver can see on a 45 minute dive in Florida. Even in the dreariest quarries I have seen fascinating stuff, bass swimming in formation, schools of fry darting in unison to avoid being eaten, and giant catfish.

So why do you like diving?

I know what you mean. I have had at least one aquarium operating for the last 15 years or so and I'm still not bored with it. It's kinda strange actually. I see the same behavior with scuba divers. They will dive the same ol boring cove again and again and each time they come to the surface they are excited about what they just saw.
I just recently got my cert and I'm constanty trying to plan my next dive.
Why do I like diving? Other than everything, I think I'm with you...It's the fish!!

Because it has changed my life. It has given me the biggest confidence boost, as I have never done anything sports related before. We are putting off kids for a while because of all of the diving we want to do. I have never been so addicted to anything, and I even decided to teach the older kids instead of the younger ones like I am used to. I thought...if I can scuba dive I can do anything.

its like a trip to another planet.

Back
Top Bottom