Why does DUI Mount the relief valve on the front of the Bicep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
Why does DUI Mount the relief valve on the front of the Bicep? I have a CF200 and beats me as to why you do this. If I'm doing a horizontal ascent I have to roll over on my back to make it work.
Why not just put it on the back of the bicep?

Most of the cf200s I've seen have the exhaust mounted on the side of the bicep. Very poor location IMO.

If you custom order, they'll put it where you want it. Mine is middle of the left forearm. I like it much better than the shoulder!! :crafty:

Check out my TLS 350 in my profile picture...I had mine moved! You can see the patch. It was right on the bicept. Terrible location. Now it's on the outer shoulder, when I'm horizontal it's in a perfect position.

SIDE NOTE:
They did a superb job of patching the old location up.

My dump valve is on my arm but my relief valve is on my thigh...
icosm03.gif

Tom Smedley:
My dump valve is on my arm but my relief valve is on my thigh...
icosm03.gif

No wonder they gave me a funny look when I asked for a longer hose for my relief valve at the lds. :wink: Meant dump valve...

Next time I have my suit serviced - I'll have them move the valve to the back of the arm. It seems a shame to have spend extra money when I already dropped $2,000 for the suit.

I would think that it would be covered under the warranty, since it should not have been put on the front of your bicep in the first place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom