Why don't I see any C-750 posts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got my housing for the 750 and a epoque ES-150DS as it was the lightest weight flash, do you think it will be OK? I'm off to Sharm in a couple of weeks. Great pictures ukmidlands. What's the best mode to use, Auto?

kallif, keep away from the auto mode, as the camera will probably select too slow a shutter speed and a wide aperture which will result in blurred photos. This combined with the external flash will result in overexposed photos. I used to own the Epoque 150ds strobe but upgraded after one trip because i found that it lacked sufficient power to illuminate the subject. Keep close though and you should be ok. Using the 750, i set a mymode for manual exposure, 1/125, iso50, f5 to start with and adjusted to suit as i went along. Hope this helps

Thanks man, what did you upgrade to? Oh and do you think I need a WAL if so which one and do I need any adapters?

No problem kaliff

The strobe i upgraded to was a sea&sea ys-90auto. I was a quite dissapointed with it on the first day in Sharm, as all it would give was a pathetic blip of light, however after a bit of fiddling and the help of a waterproof band-aid over the 'auto-sensor' i found that it worked much better giving plentiful amounts of light. I should have listened to this board and gone with the ys-90dx instead. Saying that though i am satisfied with it (for now).

I have the Epoque WAL, it screws straight onto the PT-018 housing, no adaptor required, there is no vignetting and minimal errr..chromatic abberation? if thats the phrase.

+ points:
1. Allows you to get closer to the subject for the same shot (quite a lot closer i was surprised), therefore having less water between lens and subject which means less suspended particles and less backscatter. Makes for clearer photos.
2. Camera seems to find it easier to focus, i definitely had very few out of focus shots compared to photos without WAL.
3. I think they may increase the depth of field of the photos.

1. Have to ensure your strobe has adequate degree of coverage to allow for the wider view of the lens. I think the DS-150 may struggle with a WAL. You would have to check the specs of the DS-150.
2. Difficult to do macro shots, so may have to detach whilst underwater. Not difficult, but make sure it is leashed to your camera!

In all, well worth getting a wide angle lens. Looks mighty impressive to new divers too!

Well I'm back and I posted a few shots in my gallery, I didn't seem to capture enough colour especially red. Any pointers would be great.

kalliff:
Well I'm back and I posted a few shots in my gallery, I didn't seem to capture enough colour especially red. Any pointers would be great.

What mode did you end up using the camera in?

All manual ISO 50
Triggerfish: F2.8 1/1000 sec
Parrot: F2.8 1/500
Puffer: F5 1/400
Fish with blue edges: F3.5 1/100 (at the surface snorkelling)

Do you have the flash always on max?

kaliff, what setting did you have the ds-150 on? if i remember, it has three positions - on,off and off-on. off does what it says, on fires the flash on the first flash, off-on fires the flash on the second flash. As the C-750 uses pre-flash, it should be in the off-on position so that it ignores the pre-flash. I am quite surprised there is not more colour, how far away were you from the subjects and did you use zoom at all ? ? ?

The flash was set to off-on, I didn't use zoom and got as close as I could. I didn't have the GN set to max, is it best to?

Back
Top Bottom