Why don't seas sausages have warning messages on them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might also help with those pesky jet-skis I've been reading about.

must talk to the manufacturers about the design.

Afraid that wouldn't work. Some young idiot would think thats the coolest thing in the world.
I can see it now:

Fred: "Hey Bob put down your beer and grab that thing with the tribal art on the top I am gonna hang that up in my room"

It would be the same with the radioactive sign on it.

How about just a simple scuba diver with a spear gun and the words:
"Protected by *insert name of fav. speargun maker*"
and show a spear stuck into the side of a jet ski...

You know a picture is worth 1000 words...

I wrote "FREE BEER" on mine so I will get picked up 1st.

subdude

I used to free dive in the kelp off Palos Verdes and it seemed ttto me that the jet ski crowd would see an inflatable sausage as a pilon rather than a warning device. I used my sea kayak as an indicator as to my presence.

Surely if you're diving in an area with traffic there should be a dive flag present anyway, i.e. on the dive boat??? If you have writing on your bouy it might just tempt people to approach and read it, and when you go on holiday abroad are you going to translate it???

The outer edge of a really develped kelp bed is hardly what one might consider a traffic area, at least when I operate my boat I stay off the kelp at least 50 yards unless I'm in search of anchorage. I do my freediving from a sea kayak and although it is only 12 feet long it does wear a dive flag and I do a kelp tie at the outer edge of the kelp. I have had sea do's and jet skis pass between the kayak and the kelp or at least at the back of the kayak so when I hear the little boogers I will be very cautious as its me that will lose in that deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom