Why Emotion Matters in Conservation Science: LIVE from London!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveDivaRach27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

I work for the international conservation charity Earthwatch and I thought you guys might be interested in attending our next lecture series event - LIVE via the internet!

The event is being held at the Royal Geographical Society in London on May 16 and for the first time ever, we will be streaming live video as well as slides to a limited number of people who express interest in attending.

May's lecture is: "Why Emotion Matters in Conservation Science" and one of our speakers is Californian Ocean Scientist and Advocate, Wallace J Nichols. Our Chair is legendary ocean explorer and broadcaster, Paul Rose.

Attendees of the webinar, will also be given the opportunity to interact with the speakers on the night!!!!

Here is the event synopsis and, more importantly, here is where to register for the webinar. Even if you can't make it on the night, please register because if there is enough interest, we will run repeat broadcasts with live online debates.

The lecture begins at 7pm EST so it won't mean any late nights / early starts for any of you in the US!

I really hope you can make it - register today if you can! any questions, just fire away or email me at webinar@earthwatch.org.uk
Kind regards,
DDR.

Just watched the presentation, thanks for sharing with us. Emotion indeed plays a very big part, and I try to touch the emotional side of my viewers; sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom