Why GasPods and Force Fins are Made in the USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan, if you have a camper shell, they work like this...Fire Protection Service Saves Fuel and Saves Water Too! | GasPods.com. gas-lighting.jpg

Zeagle Eagle - Yeah. That is a 3 year old post. Just like the Force Fin, many of those who poo-pooed them 30 years ago are now the most out spoken ambassadors. All it took was giving them a try before speaking. None on that GasPods thread had yet seen a GasPod, let alone try them. Personally, I think it very unprofessional that you would post this in response to one of Ocean's biggest advocates endorsement. The reason for his endorsement is that the carbon issue is an ocean issue. It is a major cause of the loss of our coral reefs, which affects all us divers. Everything we can do to limit our carbon footprint allows us to be part of the solution, and reduces the impact our driving has on the Oceans. And, Jean Michel Cousteau's endorsement only came after he saw the results on his own car.View attachment 215657 For filming we used Holly's VW Golf. Jim Knowlton, Producerhttp://www.jimknowlton.com/ going over filming with Jean-Michel Cousteau. Force fin makes OPS for the Ocean Futures team. Mr. Ernie Brooks is seeing over 4 extra miles per gallon on his road trips. His support is coming after several years of testing. VW Golf TDI Case Study 4 mpg more Proof in the Pudding | GasPods.com.

Interesting, I believe the whole carbon issue is a bunch of nonsense. The whole global warming thing is a hoax. There are a lot of people out there making a lot of money on it though. I don't think science will back you up either. BTW, is Jean-Michel Cousteau a paid endorser?
Show me some real science studies and not just my neighbor swears he gets better gas mileage and you may get some credibility. I also think over $100 bucks ($127 on Amazon) for 18 pieces of plastic is an outrageous price. If you are so into saving the planet why don't you give these things away at cost?

I don't know why you would consider it unprofessional to have a dissenting opinion.
I also think

Interesting, I believe the whole carbon issue is a bunch of nonsense. The whole global warming thing is a hoax. There are a lot of people out there making a lot of money on it though. I don't think science will back you up either. BTW, is Jean-Michel Cousteau a paid endorser?
Show me some real science studies and not just my neighbor swears he gets better gas mileage and you may get some credibility. I also think over $100 bucks ($127 on Amazon) for 18 pieces of plastic is an outrageous price. If you are so into saving the planet why don't you give these things away at cost?

I don't know why you would consider it unprofessional to have a dissenting opinion.
I also think

First - the Cousteau's have NEVER been paid endorsers for ANYTHING. If they would do this don't you think that AquaLung, ScubaPro, Mares, etc would pay them HUGE $$$$ for an endorsement and have it splashed across every dive magazine, dive show, etc. So that is the 1st absurd statement in your post.

Second, show me your source that shows that the carbon issue is nonsense - Faux News is not a credible source!!! Scientific articles/studies run greater greater than 100:1 showing that it is real. Since this seems to be your "belief" please provide your qualifications for making such a statement. I would trust the credibility of people who buy the product, keep gas logs and demonstrate they have seen improvement over your skepticism. The results are there if you would just bother to research it - time better spent than trying to fit a purge valve into you new mask.

By the way, what are your credentials for making these statements? I will gladly provide you with mine - PhD in Environmental Engineering - and addition I work with people at Oak Ridge National Laboratories that are world class scientists in climatology, and who all say that climate change is real and that carbon emissions are a major issue in causing the problem - that is what I consider a credible source. I remember when people questioned whether Fluorocarbons were damaging the atmosphere - the proof was when we stopped using them, things improved. I trust science - I don't trust anyone who denies it!!!

Third, why would anyone give away a product they developed? Bob spent considerable $$ to develop the product and have the research done (at University of California - wind tunnel and modeling) to prove the concept and if you bothered to read the literature, they showed that they work. I know that Bob is not making a huge profit - in fact, I doubt he has done more than break even at this point.

My bet is with the attitude you have demonstrated - you believe everything that Faux News tells you and you have already signed the petition for Texas to secede from the United States.

Fourth...Bob Evans has actually created fins that work very differently than all other fins, and that are dramatically superior to 99% of all other fins for flutter kick or dolphin kick efficiency.

You can ask the local GUE's in South Florida that have dived with me....with my $500ish composite DiveR freediving fins, I can out swim Gavin or Halcyon scooters for over an hour on 70 to 90 foot dives, and have 850 psi at 63 minutes dive end, to 1250 and 1400 for other team mates on scooters.....But the DiveR is too much fin for most people, in many ways....The ONLY fins that are close to the DiveR's, are Excellerating Force Fins, and Extra Force Fins by Bob Evans.
I can prove this to anyone that would like to dive with us.
Put jet fins on me, and the scooters will be far faster.

The point being, Bob is a brilliant designer of wing related products that interact with wind or water, better than what other companies have been able to do....
And Zeagle.....you came on here being really rude to Bob.....Scubaboard is supposed to be like a coffee shop we sit down with each other and chat in....you plopped down at a table with Bob and some friends, and began spitting and pissing on them!!! Wow.
Do you have the legal right? I suppose. Should you?

Thanks Dan and TN. These comments just changed my mind about buying Zealge diving equipment. I am looking for a light weight BC as I just sold my ancient equipment. The other night at Jean-Michel Cousteau's home, he asked me when the last time we went diving. The last time Susanne and I went diving was as his guest on the MS Paul Gauguin in the Islands of French Polynesia. During this dinner, 2 weeks ago, he offered to video tape an testimonial for GasPodsjmc-3.jpg, turned down any money exchange, and said, "Anything I can do to help. This is an important issue and one simple way to address it. And, we've seen the fuel savings on our car."

By the way, I was just talking about the state of the Oceans, acidification and coral reefs with my son, who is a Professor a the University of Washington Oceanographic Institute, specializiing in this issue, with a Ph.D. in Geo-Chemistry from CalTech. We took him from LAX to San Pedro, and enjoyed an extended lunch together, while waiting for his Ferry to USC Wrigley Marine Institute, where he is a visiting lecturer for an international symposia there this week.

Gagnon Lab: Biomineralization in a changing ocean Photo of JMC having fun with a pair of Neon Force Fin Pro's donated for a Ocean Futures fund raiser. We plan to give a percent of our Gaspod sales to Ocean Futrues, was not asked for this. Over the Years Force fin has supported many organizations.

Love, Bob

First - the Cousteau's have NEVER been paid endorsers for ANYTHING. If they would do this don't you think that AquaLung, ScubaPro, Mares, etc would pay them HUGE $$$$ for an endorsement and have it splashed across every dive magazine, dive show, etc. So that is the 1st absurd statement in your post.

Second, show me your source that shows that the carbon issue is nonsense - Faux News is not a credible source!!! Scientific articles/studies run greater greater than 100:1 showing that it is real. Since this seems to be your "belief" please provide your qualifications for making such a statement. I would trust the credibility of people who buy the product, keep gas logs and demonstrate they have seen improvement over your skepticism. The results are there if you would just bother to research it - time better spent than trying to fit a purge valve into you new mask.

By the way, what are your credentials for making these statements? I will gladly provide you with mine - PhD in Environmental Engineering - and addition I work with people at Oak Ridge National Laboratories that are world class scientists in climatology, and who all say that climate change is real and that carbon emissions are a major issue in causing the problem - that is what I consider a credible source. I remember when people questioned whether Fluorocarbons were damaging the atmosphere - the proof was when we stopped using them, things improved. I trust science - I don't trust anyone who denies it!!!

Third, why would anyone give away a product they developed? Bob spent considerable $$ to develop the product and have the research done (at University of California - wind tunnel and modeling) to prove the concept and if you bothered to read the literature, they showed that they work. I know that Bob is not making a huge profit - in fact, I doubt he has done more than break even at this point.

My bet is with the attitude you have demonstrated - you believe everything that Faux News tells you and you have already signed the petition for Texas to secede from the United States.

It would have to be a statement to be absurd. It was actually a question. Which would make that your first incorrect statement. "The Cousteau's have never been paid endorsers for anything". BTW, you wouldn't be interested in an old aqua lung US diver Cousteau BCD that I have laying around would you?
$_35.JPG I think I may have a matching snorkel and fins too. 61ybzRA4pXL._SY355_.jpg

It's your claim that global warming/carbon emissions are destroying the earth. I don't have to prove anything. Global warming was debunked over 10 years ago. It's like trying to prove God doesn't exist.

Why would he give it away? To save the earth of course. Me thinks he is more interested in getting rich than saving the earth.

If you have no facts or figures to prove your point, then make personal attacks. Good tactic. Typical of people who can't defend their position. Most intelligent people see right through that.

I probably have more degrees than you do. I have 4 degrees in Science alone. It doesn't make me smarter than anyone else. I don't have to bring it up, like a high school kid, in a dick measuring contest. It just means I could afford to go to school longer than most.

As usual your type jumps to conclusions without really studying the facts. You have your mind made up like a flat earther. You try and fit the facts to your hypotheses rather than the other way around. BTW,I didn't even know that Texas was trying to secede. When did that happen? Will I get to vote on that?

Okay, enough fun. Let's move on. If you don't have any real facts and real science, if you just want to name call, then count me out. I have better things to do with my time. If you wish to engage in some meaningful discussion and talk about real science then I will hang around. By real, I mean verifiable double blind studies done by objective scientists. Not some tree hugging wacko Greene. Maybe we all could learn a little something about our precious planet and take some steps to really make a difference.

Did I say anything about "global warming" - no, I referenced climate change. Guess we have a reading comprehension problem here, even with 4 degrees. Would love see a list of all your degrees and where they were gotten from.

I seem to have missed your "facts" - you provided nothing for reference - just spouting "talking points" - no "real" science - just your beliefs.

As far as Texas - Texas secessionists launch petition drive for vote to break away - Yahoo News - read on - and you can vote on it. :wink:

But I am done wasting valuable electrons responding to folks like you. Show me your "facts".

Did I say anything about "global warming" - no, I referenced climate change. Guess we have a reading comprehension problem here, even with 4 degrees. Would love see a list of all your degrees and where they were gotten from.

I seem to have missed your "facts" - you provided nothing for reference - just spouting "talking points" - no "real" science - just your beliefs.

As far as Texas - Texas secessionists launch petition drive for vote to break away - Yahoo News - read on - and you can vote on it. :wink:

But I am done wasting valuable electrons responding to folks like you. Show me your "facts".[

You are cracking me up. I am not making any claims. You and your gas pod buddies are. Show me your facts you say. I don't think you understand how science works. You make a claim, then you prove it. I think it's a scam and nonsense. You careful ignore that and want to redirect and obfuscate the issue. You want to talk about Texas seceding and your facts are a Yahoo article about 50 people in a state of 27 million want to secede. Some fact that is. That's laughable. Much like your climate change. 10 years ago it was "global warming". When the facts proved it was actually cooling, you call it "climate change" now. Same old BS, different day. I see you ignored my wonderful pictures."The Cousteau's have NEVER been paid endorsers for ANYTHING. " Is that what they call a slam dunk? Did you care to retract anything. No, I didn't think so. Your not enough of a scientist to let the facts sway you. You ignored each and every point I made, much like the Cousteau thing because you cannot defend your position. You have no facts, no credible references, nothing. I know how you feel.

It's obvious you don't want an educational dialog. You don't want an intelligent discussion. You just want me to believe the way you do. I am done with you. It's pointless, it's a waste of my time. Go see if you can impress or intimidate a few freshman. This is a scuba forum anyhow.

Do you also realize that there was a lawsuit over that BC and that Aqualung paid a large amount to $$$ for using the Cousteau name without authorization. I think they got some distant cousin to sign a consent form for them to use the "Cousteau" name. You notice it does not say "J. Cousteau", Jacques Cousteau", "Philip Cousteau" or any other member of the "diving" Cousteau's. But heck, it helped pay for the Calypso. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom