Why GasPods and Force Fins are Made in the USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall insulting anyone. You are correct this is not the pub. It's a forum. Which is a place for people to post opinions. You are also correct that I am NOT a physicist nor an educator. But the majority of people who know me would not consider me to be a layperson or even to be of average intelligence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Your post was acrid and insulting to anyone who has sought higher education. If you have a point to make disputing Bob's claims, make it directly. Your arguments are specious and deliberately provocative. Bob deserves neither. He has paid his dues many times; His celebrity mentions are sincere and neither boastful or deserving of scorn. Best you stay in the Pub where your trite and worthless posts are tolerated.

I hold no issues with anyone seeking higher education. I hold issue with utter arrogance and closed mindedness. I would assume bob has payed his dues and worked for what he has achieved, but I do see his name drop multiple times as boastful regardless of whether or not they are either sincere or not. It is simply my opinion. Also I stand by my original statement that gas pods are nothing more then a money grabbing gimmick. Only when I see a wind tunnel test completed with computerized acceleration on the same car with and without pods will I believe that putting little plastic pods on my car will give better mileage.For what it is worth you fall into the same majority as the other individuals I mentioned.

Jbomb, you say you have no higher education but it seems you out thunk this one. Who really cares WHY something works, as long as it does? (O.K., I admit it. I probably do. And a few others.) For example, I doubt if most people give a second thought to WHY LED lamps save electricity; they are just happy with the savings. So if "little pieces of plastic" subconsciously makes someone drive better, thus improving performance and saving fuel, great! They will pay for themselves in the long run and then will SAVE the individual money. Job performed. Not a scam. The results are what is important. The how, not so much.

However, even a rudimentary study will give credence to information Bob has provided. Next time you get on a million-plus dollar aircraft, take a glance at the wing. Those "little pieces of plastic" (or aluminum) aren't stuck there for looks! Nor to sub-consciously make the pilot fly better!!! Duh.

I have no formal higher education. After high school I joined the Marines. There I trained to become an E.O.D tech serving overseas. I learned a lot in the next 4 years. When I returned home I went to work as an electrical tech for a large manufacturer of copper wire and high performance conductors. I still work here today.
I suppose I look at things differently then others. I do care why and how things work. Perhaps others couldn't care less to know they can achieve the same results by simply accelerating less aggressively. Or driving 60 rather then 70mph... like I said before this is just my opinion. Everyone has the right to have one.

After high school I joined the Marines.
Great! Thank you for your service. I also was in the Corps. In fact last week, at the Marines' Ball here in Estonia, I was once again the oldest and passed the cake to the youngest.

they can achieve the same results by ... driving 60 rather then 70mph...
Not always true (not nit-pickin' but don't swallow hook, line, and sinker, everything. On the other hand, maybe your resistance to swallowing hook, line, and sinker has made you skeptical of Bob??) Unfortunately you've been snookered with the mean speed and economy lie. In the early '70s the government forced the major car manufacturers to DE-TUNE the engines on their cars to make them run more efficiently AT A LOWER SPEED (which is actually LESS efficient when TIME is factored in - TIME is MONEY!!). In actuality, they reduced performance. Performance is the amount of work accomplished (think HP) for a given input of fuel (think gasoline). For example, anyone who ever worked on cars, knows that a car with the model year '73 was a sow compared to the SAME model from '72. Same thing again in '75 when they went to unleaded fuels. All of us older folks distinctly remember the pre-ignition "knocking" of the early unleaded cars DUE TO DE-TUNED ENGINES!!

So. A car can be MADE to perform better at a higher speed and can get better performance (and fuel economy) at that speed. My 2011 VW Caravelle gets SUBSTANTIALLY better economy at 100 than it does at 70.*

like I said before this is just my opinion. Everyone has the right to have one.
Yes. True. But NO ONE has a right to their own "facts". :wink:

*kph

I thank you for yours as well. I'm skeptical of anyone who says they can increase my mpgs by 39%.. all I know is that if I drive my car from here to pa. At 75mph. I get about 33mpg. If I do it at 65ish I hit 38mpg. That's running straight through a full tank. I drive a focus hatchback. And I'm well aware of the tuning and de-tuning of motors and transmission shift points. Scuba is not my only hobby after all.;-) I don't work on cars simply because I hate doing it. But I do love to wrench on bikes. uploadfromtaptalk1447837093414.jpg

I'm skeptical of anyone who says they can increase my mpgs by 39%..
I would be too, but Bob never claimed to increase YOUR fuel economy by 39%. He simply published what others have claimed about his product. Any good manufacturer would do that. He seems to indicated that 2-5% increase should be expected. I doesn't take long with even a 1% increase in fuel economy to make a difference. Fuel here in EU is about 8 bucks a gallon!! Now I'm running a 100 liter or about a 25 gallon tank. If I save 1 liter in 100 (1%) that is 2 bucks every fill-up. Won't take long to pay off the Gas Pods, and then I am SAVING money!! Even while "paying off" the Gas Pods, I am saving fuel, which is a win. After the "pay-off" it is a win-win.

All I saw for percentages was 7.4 11 and 39. Let's at least agree he's doing this to make money period. Making plastic pods from ejected molding of melted plastic which in its self is a petroleum product is not helping the earth. Or are they made from 100%recycled materials? I can't get his website to load. Even if they are recycled materials you still have to spend energy re-melting the plastics to reuse it.

---------- Post added November 18th, 2015 at 05:40 AM ----------

Oh and for what it's worth I am paying like 235 a gallon.. it costs me 24 bucks a week to fill up... 8 bucks a gal ? Yikes

Yeah, well I am a capitalist. If he can make a buck, good for him!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom