Why I'm returning my Scubapro Hydros Pro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one of the silliest reasons for returning a product after purchasing I have ever heard. Didn't you notice the logos when you were buying it and before you walked out the store's doors?

With that many logos which results in a walking advertisement, they should be paying you!

SP does make good products. I do own two SP regulators, and I’d own much more if with SP wetsuits, hoods, bcs and more were not covered excessively by logos!!!

Yes covered like a billboard!

Did your previous backplate harness come covered in blue Hs? Unfortunately, manufacturers believe their products are like cars and need emblems, tags and names all over them.
Counted at least 40 Hs on my harness alone!!!

Returning my harness

I did remove the Hydros 50 label from my Xdeep Zeos wing. But only because I started teaching for a shop that didn't carry the Xdeep line.

Off topic I know:
Ok, all this talk about plastic makes me laugh.
Let us start a list about the amount of plastic in every dive setup today.
Have a good look over all the gear you dive, little things like cable ties, fin and mask buckles, what may be plastic in your regulators, yeah, there too, BCD inflator etc :daydream:.
I can think of plenty.

I have plastic parts from the 1980s that will out live religion.:rolleyes:

Deep down,you want (people to know you got) the best.

Off topic I know:
Ok, all this talk about plastic makes me laugh.
Let us start a list about the amount of plastic in every dive setup today.
Have a good look over all the gear you dive, little things like cable ties, fin and mask buckles, what may be plastic in your regulators, yeah, there too, BCD inflator etc :daydream:.
I can think of plenty.

I have plastic parts from the 1980s that will out live religion.:rolleyes:
I'm not a fan of plastic buckles as I saw some moron with no situational awareness basically fall backwards while trying to sit on the bench where his cylinder crushed the buckle of the BCD next to him. His neighbor was not happy and was out the next dive. Certainly an outlier as this is unlikely. However that got me to try to use as many metal parts as possible for my BCD/BP&W. I make darn sure my regs are secured as that guy would smash that too with his cylinder if I were careless and my reg was laying on the bench.

I'm not a fan of plastic buckles as I saw some moron with no situational awareness basically fall backwards while trying to sit on the bench where his cylinder crushed the buckle of the BCD next to him.
Yes that can happen, Have you seen a metal buckle bent out of shape when a cylinder was 'dumped' on it ? That happens also, you can't fix moron, once bent [buckle and moron] they are never the same.
No amount of tools could make it right again [the buckle that is]. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom