Why is the "gold line" gold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And now the reason it's gold...

Several manufacturers were contacted at the time and the cheapest line found was the solid gold colored line.

Well, being that I asked my road trip partner yesterday before supplying you with that answer and I have great faith in his memory, you can count on that answer being correct.

And now the reason it's gold...

Several manufacturers were contacted at the time and the cheapest line found was the solid gold colored line.

I believe that's the same reason Forrest told me.

Well, being that I asked my road trip partner yesterday before supplying you with that answer and I have great faith in his memory, you can count on that answer being correct.

Good enough for me. I'm taking this as a primary reference.

Thanks! End of story.

I believe that's the same reason Forrest told me.

Again, thanks.

This historical bit adds to the technical fascination that I have for diving your amazing cave system. A high price has been paid for the cumulative knowledge of cave diving.

The tourist caves that I have visited are exceedingly beautiful dives. Maybe this is why it is so easy to forget that a moment's inattention, failure to follow one of the seemingly "over-cautious" cave diving rules, or even something as simple as the color of the line you are on can mean that you are not coming back.

My most sincere thanks for all of the responses.
lowviz

Update:

Forrest sent me an email that confirms what has been reported in previous posts. (I wasn't checking Rob Neto's story, -my question to "cave diving accidents" obviously got directed to Forrest.)

That one particular gold line has new meaning for me. I'll be remembering why it is gold the next time I return to it...

LOL! That was who I asked, too, so of course it confirms it... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom