Why isn't DIR universally metric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uhm.

Shark.

Jump.

You're confusing laziness and convenience with group think.

I use imperial units and don't convert to metric for the same reason that I use the same 10 commands in vi that I've used for the past 20 years. It is what I learned, it works for me, and there's little incentive for me to change right now... And I'm definitely not changing to metric to satisfy you (and your demands to have everyone change to metric are much closer to 'group think'...)
Your preference is your prerogative . . .you have a right to be lazy and complacent using an inefficient system to your disadvantage. And either the rest of the world is in a group think paradigm practicing metric, or more likely you're deluding yourself. . .

And misconstruing my examples & applications of the metric system as a "demand" just shows how convincingly right they are:cool2: . . .

So help an ignorant imperialist out here ...

If I wanted to dive Truk on deep air while using ratio deco, and NOT get bent; what would my profile look like in metric units?
Take JeffG, Rainer and yourself, do a breath hold profile from 60m deep while continuously inflating your wings . . . and embolize instead. Let us know how it goes. . .

Take JeffG, Rainer and yourself, do a breath hold profile from 60m deep while continuously inflating your wings . . . and embolize instead. Let us know how it goes. . .

:kiss2:

Ahhhhh....pookiebear. Why so sad?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom