Why isnt there Any Money for Divemasters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweitz:
Where I live a lot of the incentives are:
1. Free meals and lodging during the dives. They get to do their own fun dives after "class".
2. Meet more divers.
3. GEAR DISCOUNT.
4. Did I mention GEAR DISCOUNT?
5. Paid to dive instead of pay to dive. Though the difference is small, if you dive a lot it can add up.

You hit the nail right on the head! You also really do learn a lot from the DM class and most people are much better divers and more confident afterwards. Once I finished my DM class I found out about the wonderful things that you mention above. You just cannot beat diving for free on a boat that others are paying for and the GEAR DISCOUNTS.....OMG, I have honestly saved thousands of dollars on gear that I would never have been able to afford. You also get a level of respect from people for being a DM, you just have to be carefull with it and show people that (most of us) do know what we are doing and are very competent, knowlegeable, and fun people who are happy to help out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom