Why move a valid trip report with pictures of problems, to Whine and Cheese?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have accomplished what you wanted.
That's not true Steve. Your posting habits have not changed one whit. You're what I call a segull poster. You come in, make a lot of noise, crap all over the place and then leave while laughing about it with your homies, the Knights of Heidi. Then, when you get called on it, you take umbrage like it's everyone else who's being unreasonable. Some people like to call a spade a spade: I'd rather call it a shovel.

In what way was the trip report "problematic" other than it was not mostly positive? Please don't continue petulant pettifoggery of the issue with drivel about personal attacks. A forum for consumer evaluation of dive operators is useless if negative posts are verboten where SB advertisers are concerned.

In what way was the trip report "problematic" other than it was not mostly positive?
I am not at liberty to say, but there is enough information in the OP and what I said for most to understand that the thread may not be as innocent as the OP would like us to believe. Again, being negative is not the problem with the thread. We allow that all over the place. If a thread makes it's way unwillingly into "Thumbs Down", then the staff has reasons to move it there. If anyone were to do a count, you would find that we move far more non-advertisers in there than the other way around.

Pete, the original post was powerful enough for me (and my buddies) to convince us never to consider that company for any future dive plans. I understand the potential dangers for Wayne to address this on the board but without a response from the company, I assume that many will feel the same way that I do. You seem certain that there is some nefarious intent behind the OP and that's your reasoning for why the post was moved into a "safe" place. I'm not sure how you became aware of the OP's apparent malevolence but I'm sure that must have come from Wayne (or a representative of his). It's his prerogative not to engage in an endless, possibly damaging debate about this (their stinky dive boats seem to be doing a fine job of this anyway), but a statement from Wayne would go a long way to help potential customers understand why this has happened.

Pete, the original post was powerful enough for me (and my buddies) to convince us never to consider that company for any future dive plans.
So they were successful with a few. Me? Caveat lector! I'm not so easily manipulated by a passive aggressive trip report. I don't make a decision based on only one thread on ScubaBoard, especially if that thread has been moved to W&C. No, I am not the one who put it there, but I agree that it certainly belongs there. It's easy to lose perspective, but I don't date French Models I meet on the internet either!

I understand the potential dangers for Wayne to address this on the board

snip.....

but a statement from Wayne would go a long way to help potential customers understand why this has happened.

Wayne wouldn't have been in this position if Aggressor had "stepped up" and taken care of the customerS who had problems.

The post would have been titled "Kudo's to Aggressor for the great customer Service".

This wasn't just the Original Poster, but what... 10 people that had these issues?

that's 10 people they pretty much have lost as customers forever. (maybe more). over a 4-5 year period. that could be $100k.

So they were successful with a few. Me? Caveat lector! I'm not so easily manipulated by a passive aggressive trip report. I don't make a decision based on only one thread on ScubaBoard, especially if that thread has been moved to W&C. No, I am not the one who put it there, but I agree that it certainly belongs there. It's easy to lose perspective, but I don't date French Models I meet on the internet either!

So who did move it to W&C; that is, who is controlling the trip reports forum? (Have we got the fox guarding the hen-house?) And what do you mean by "especially if that thread has been moved to W&C". Exactly how do you figure that should discredit the trip report?

We have had plenty of negative posts before about gear and operations. It seems to me that when the post happens and the subject comes back and explains what is going on or how the problem is being handled, the recipient of the criticism often comes out ahead. They turn the negative publicity into a positive thing with an effective response and board members see the gear or operation in a positive light. I guess Dance is either unable or unwilling. In any case, it does not reflect well on the operation. And this misconstrued effort to bury the report is probably going to have an added negative effect.

So they were successful with a few. Me? Caveat lector!

Au contraire - CAVEAT EMPTOR. (Jeez - Fre-Lat in 4 words - eek!).

An experimental trip costing many thousands is not the optimal way of determining who is right in a thread. Much easier to use an operation without the doubt. Why should I waste my dollars on the off chance that the poster has a hidden agenda? And all this mystery to boot. Better for Wayne to address this upfront and clear the air. But that's never going to happen. It's a pity. He should examine the practices of other companies on the board like Atomic Aquatics or Hog who address issues upfront without qualm. Those are the companies I support. Keeping this enveloped in a shroud and having the thread moved smacks of "let's hide it and wait for it to go away". More importantly there have now been sufficient posts endorsing the OP for this to be an anomaly. As you stated: "Caveat Lector".

I was told Howard did it.

That's fine with me. (Although there are times when I suspect Howard's moderation is influenced by advertisers $$$.) I was afraid it might have been like the manufacturers' forums and the operators had some level of direct control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom