Why no XT in small?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTheGalapagos

Contributor
Reaction score
I have now purchased 2 pairs of Apollo bio fins. I nearly lost one at Darwin (Galapagos) when I was pushing up against the bottom of the panga (tender) and didn't even realize it had come off my foot. Yes, they are that comfortable. But of course, being negatively bouyant, well, a fellow diver rescued it for me. In any event, I bought a second pair so I would have a back-up pair. Decided to try the steel springs, which for me, are like the difference in dial-up vs broadband internet...I'll never go back. Absolutely love them. I could go on, but...I'm a believer.

Now, because I do dive in strong currents most of the time, I thought I would try a pair of XTs. I was surprised to find I couldn't because I wear a Small. I am female and, at size 8.5, my foot isn't small for a woman. So why no smalls? Will we always be left out?

ps...Since I still haven't found THE mask yet, I just ordered the bio metal due to how much I love your fins. Look forward to trying that out, too.

Hi DTG:

Thank you for your e-mail. We do not yet have the stiffer XT bio-fins in your size.

We will forward your e-mail to Apollo Japan. We appreciate your taking the time
to comment.

All the best for lots of safe diving,

Michael Brennan
Apollo Sports USA, Inc.

....since the Japanese are generally of smaller stature, and these are made in Japan, it IS a little wierd they don't offer small XT's. I too am a big Bio Fin fan......(3) pairs of the regular Bio Fins with spring straps and (1) pair of the XT's, also with the spring straps ! Awesome fins!

DTG:

We have asked for additional sizing for the bio-fin XT. I do not yet know of any plans for production
or scheduled delivery dates.

Interesting to note that the XT is available in Small through the European sales. Is their size S the equivalent of the US size S?

If so, then all people would need to do is to buy it through a European vendor... of course it would probably wind up costing more but at least they can get the stiffer XT version.

Coralcruiser: That is a mistake on the European site. The Bio-fin XT fins are, currently, available in
size: Medium, Large, and XL. The European site lists: Small, Medium, and LL (XL). We have notified our friends in the UK of this error. Thanks for the post.

Back
Top Bottom