Why not do my DM on Koh Tao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah guys, I'm still checking in regularly to see if there's any new info, so thanks for posting it. I'll have about 3 weeks to check out some nice places before I decide where I want to stay for 2 months. As I said, for me it comes down to finding a combination of great diving, good training, fun people & nice prices, all that in a cool place with a social scene... :hm:

Still have that picture?
If yes, post it please.
No reg in her mouth does not necessarily mean she's dead. Is her second stage in her hand or just hanging loose besides her? What position is her body in?
Maybe she's just fooling around for the picture or practicing her newly acquired skills? :eyebrow:

If she's really dead you would think the other people in the picture would be visibly shocked. Or at least not concentrating too much on taking fun-pictures. Unless they are complete morons and wouldn't care about dead people floating about.

More examples sounds good. The more the merrier...

Well.....There are a lot of complete morons about, after all we are talking about the dive industry.

I sort of sniff a bit of sour grapes in this one, perhaps a good looking young CD ( like me) snaffled his bird or something, hence the KT CD rant.

Well.....There are a lot of complete morons about, after all we are talking about the dive industry.

I sort of sniff a bit of sour grapes in this one, perhaps a good looking young CD ( like me) snaffled his bird or something, hence the KT CD rant.

Yes, there's quite a bit of venom in his posts re this KT CD.
It will be interesting and hopefully somewhat entertaining to see where this is all leading to.

I don't like the "dead diver" angle though. Dead people under water are not something to make fun about. I know, I have seen too many.
Only morons would make something up like that.

I think you'll need to buy a mirror. The young and good looking part has mostly disappeared I'm afraid. That's what KT and weird-gas diving does to you over time.

it's always entertaining, #134 on your list of Thailand diving is the Thai Scubaboard .

Anyway, I may be old , but I've got a few years of exploiting OWSI's in me yet.

Off to sell a few signatures right now, actually

Yeah guys, I'm still checking in regularly to see if there's any new info, so thanks for posting it. I'll have about 3 weeks to check out some nice places before I decide where I want to stay for 2 months. As I said, for me it comes down to finding a combination of great diving, good training, fun people & nice prices, all that in a cool place with a social scene... :hm:

In 3 weeks time, if you want to stay for 2 months, from the point of view of the diving only, in my opinion it would have to be in the Andaman sea somewhere.
Just a matter of finding a resort to suit all your other requirements, there are others that post on here far better placed than me to advise on that.

In 3 weeks time, if you want to stay for 2 months, from the point of view of the diving only, in my opinion it would have to be in the Andaman sea somewhere.
Just a matter of finding a resort to suit all your other requirements, there are others that post on here far better placed than me to advise on that.

He's got a point, but besides the diving, koh tao ticks all your boxes and you're bound to meet a few CDs that'll just sign you off without all that pesky diving business.:eyebrow:

He's got a point, but besides the diving, koh tao ticks all your boxes and you're bound to meet a few CDs that'll just sign you off without all that pesky diving business.:eyebrow:

If this one turns out to be true I might even have a return visit to KT quite soon myself. I not been there for nearly 3 years now. Maybe next year I will have all sorts of qualifications under my belt. :D

Is that your old boat in the picture? What is it like as a dive site?

If this one turns out to be true I might even have a return visit to KT quite soon myself. I not been there for nearly 3 years now. Maybe next year I will have all sorts of qualifications under my belt. :D

Is that your old boat in the picture? What is it like as a dive site?

Bring lots of cash, and beware of fake CD trying to rip you off , it's much better to get had by a real one.

Yes, that's the Trident. She lies in 33m 45 degrees to starboard in an area of pretty constant currents so we're hoping she'll get colonised quickly

I am sure the KT community is happy with your donation. Did you get a replacement? Certainly better than the Coral Reef Squadron fiasco. Was that venture 'fake' CD related?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom