Why the dislike of air integrated computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not necessarily, Shearwater Petrel 2: $749, Oceanic VT 4.1 complete with transmitter and download cable: $700

Entirely different classes of computers for entirely different purposes. Closest thing with the functionality (sort of almost) is an Eon Steel at what, $1500?

The functionality of a Petrel is an order of magnitude great than the VT 4.1, especially in the context of technical diving, so what's the point of even making a comparison?

If you use the backup SPG as your main SPG, you don't need the AI and save like what, 700 bucks? That can get you something else and the benefits will far outweigh the benefits of AI.

And if you don't dive at all you can save tens of thousands of dollars!

Scuba diving - in the grand scheme of things - is a completely frivolous, silly- expensive, absolute waste of time and money. Are we really going to quibble about a few dollars here and a few dollars there?

And if you don't dive at all you can save tens of thousands of dollars!Scuba diving - in the grand scheme of things - is a completely frivolous, silly- expensive, absolute waste of time and money. Are we really going to quibble about a few dollars here and a few dollars there?
Couldn't' agree more. I'm a that point that if I go to the LDS I don't buy anything as I have all the shiny items they stock and more.Considering pressing the button on a DJI Inspire 1 drone just so I can get nice aerial shot of dive sites from a boat. Put the price of that (plus accessories) and include the 2 new batteries I want for my scooter and the difference between an AI and non AI PDC fades into insignificance I stopped putting the value of my Gear into Mac dive the number was getting far too big :)

....as for battery life, they last a long time. For the 4 years I own it, i was on the same battery. About 200 dives. I changed wrist unit battery 3 times in the same period. I also think the battery compartment implementation in oceanic is batter than suunto's.

..... implementation in oceanic is badder than suunto's. ;spelling fix :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom