Why the placement of the Grim Reaper sign?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scootering into the ear with 2 stages and a 20ft bottle while running a line is a real pita.

We solved that problem years ago by giving an OW diver $5 and a primary reel,and ask them if they'd go ahead and run a reel for us since they were already in the water before we started our dive. :)

Seems to be a debate that comes up every year about should lines be in the cave or should lines be in OW. As a cave diver I have come to accept that many of the common practices that we have,have reduced accidents among the curious seeker and OW divers,and some of these practices can inconvenience me,but a small price to pay to keep my sport off the radar screen of government officials.

The debate is having line in open water is an enticement,but gives the person a fighting chance to find their way out. Line back in the cave zone does take away some of the enticement,but if someone truely is lost, they don't have a way to find their way out. I agree with having line OW in places where no open water divers are allowed,for example P1. But having line in OW in nonmonitored locations has proven to have its downfall with some incidents/accidents. For example,someone gets back into the cave having followed line from OW,they silt up the place,and they have the line,but they follow it wrong way,even blowing by navigation arrowns which they don't understand.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom