Why would a reg become difficult to breathe from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...most shops here would likely do it without any additional cost.

How many shops do we have up here?
I think there are a couple heading up your way and a couple more in the Erie area.

-Z

Pre dive switch wouldn't do much here.

Maybe other mechanical thing? suddenly diaphragm stiffens up from water flow across diaphragm maybe?

Im not sure if the reg has ACD on it and that may block the flow (although I think its very unlikely)

How many shops do we have up here?
I think there are a couple heading up your way and a couple more in the Erie area.

-Z
the 2 I use constitute "most".... yeah, sad. There used to be many more....

Reactions: Zef
I've read most of the thread. I don't think it was a bug or something that got into the reg. I had that experience and will tell you that any insects in the 2nd stage will be violently swept into your mouth. You're breathing gas at ~125-150PSI, so there is no way a big bug or a spider will hang on. And you'll definitely feel that - ask me how I know ;-)

I've read most of the thread. I don't think it was a bug or something that got into the reg. I had that experience and will tell you that any insects in the 2nd stage will be violently swept into your mouth. You're breathing gas at ~125-150PSI, so there is no way a big bug or a spider will hang on. And you'll definitely feel that - ask me how I know ;-)
I'm glad that didn't happen!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom