Wide angle lens question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanShark

Reaction score
Hello all, I currently have a canon ZR45MC mini-dv camcorder with and Ikelight housing and video light. I am thinking about getting a wide angle lens for my camcorder and want to know if I will see alot of difference from the stock lens. Or will the housing restrict the viewing at all? Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Most of the time I use my standard lens. A wide angle lens is good for reef scenery, wrecks, and close-ups of fish schools or large animals.

Are you talking about lens attached to the camcorder or housing ?

Thanks for the reply ronrosa, I am talking about the lens attached to the camcorder.

Dave

OceanShark:
Thanks for the reply ronrosa, I am talking about the lens attached to the camcorder.

Dave
I use a .6X wide angle lens always - attached to the camera directly. You should make sure that your housing has enough room for a WA lens inside the housing, but I would recommend it. It makes a big difference IMO.

hello buddies, i have a question for howarde, is there really a siginificant change in qualitly of footage if you replace flat port with dome port while retaining wa lens inside housing? will there still be blurry edges footage even with dome port outside and wa lens inside housing?
thanks

jaytee

Back
Top Bottom