wide full foot fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clammy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What are the widest full foot fins out there? I have exceptionally wide feet and my full foot mares that I travel with tend to start cramping after about 30 min.

Mares Volvo Races are wide and I have wide feet. Other than that, you might have to go to a free diving fin if you are serious about a quality full foot fin.

US Size 8½ EEEEEE here. The largest (wide and thick) foot pocket I have found is the Hollis F1. Unfortunately it is a heavy fin for travel. Otherwise I can’t tell the difference between wearing them and the Jet Fin, except for price and the spring strap which I am working on a replacement for. It is the only fin I can use with a drysuit and a thin-sole rock boot.

Edit: Haven’t found a full fit fin yet I can wear including long-blade freediving fins. I have to wear the largest open heel Esclapez… pretty absurd given an 8½ length. When I was a kid I took a pneumatic ball-end grinder to the insides if you can find a fin that is close.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom