Widow sues medical doctor and training company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Precisely. Which is why regulators, cars and toasters are safe and reliable.

Not true, we have safe and reliable instruments in Europe but do not make lawyers rich because of insane litigations :). Remember the case where a lady got 2,8 million $ from McDo in a drive inn for a too hot coffee.

Last edited:
The article also says it was the doctor, not the dead dentist who did two uneventful dives
That confused me, but I think it was a misstatement. Nowhere else do I see any indication that the doctor who signed the form was also in the same scuba class as the deceased.

Not true, we have safe and reliable instruments in Europe but do not make lawyers rich because of insane litigations :). Remember the case where a lady got 2,8 million $ from McDo in a drive inn for a too hot coffee.
That used to be a popular joke until the truth came out about how McDonalds overheats their coffee so as to get more from the grounds - and still does. McD coffee is still a risk to all.

Remember the case where a lady got 2,8 million $ from McDo in a drive inn for a too hot coffee.

Didn't we cover that one thoroughly within the past couple of months? When somebody uses that particular case to make a point it's almost always a dead giveaway that they're not smart enough to actually learn the details first.

Ha ha! You guys have been the beneficiaries of US design and product safety for seventy years; All those US lawsuits and product improvements made YOU safer too. All that thinking that Europeans are somehow superior led you to Brussels and Brexit. Hilarious!

I did a little digging and the Dentist's obituary says they owned a pharmacy also. I'm sure the dentist understood his medical condition quite well. I made my comment because if his wife was truly concerned for his well being, is counter-intuitive to encouraging him to undertake a risky, physically demanding underwater sport by purchasing him diving lessons for an asthmatic with an enlarged heart and who knows what other medical conditions. They are also listed as breeders of Akita show dogs. Maybe the guys was doing the bucket list thing? Who knows, maybe I jumped the gun a little?

I'm surprised that a dentist should be expected to have an in-depth knowledge of asthma. Pardon my ignorance, but do all dentists receive a solid foundational knowledge of respiratory illnesses? I did not realize that was the case.

Dentists study ears, nose and throats.

I'm surprised that a dentist should be expected to have an in-depth knowledge of asthma. Pardon my ignorance, but do all dentists receive a solid foundational knowledge of respiratory illnesses? I did not realize that was the case.

I didn't say he did, but he has a medical background and owns a pharmacy. I guess it would be a big stretch to think that he had more information and understanding than a non-medical person. LOL my bad!

No, dentists study teeth. Otolaryngologists, physicians, study ear, nose, and throat (ENT). Ignorance is bliss

Umnn... No you would be incorrect - I said study not specialize. I did not realize you had your DDS.

Try asking a dentist what they study... lol

Ignorance and hubris pretended as intelligence is very dangerous - my friend...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom