Width of double 100's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have to give that a whirl come VIP time.

I used UHMWPE but Nylon is also a good choice. Plastic cutting boards would work if you don't have a commercial plastics supplier nearby.

The challenge is cutting the blocks accurately enough (width and parallel). Woodworking machinery (not hand held) like table saws, chop saws, and router tables can do the job with the right fixtures. These parts are small so can be very dangerous to work with. Of course it can be done with woodworking hand tools if you have those skills.

FN,

Without tank boots,

3.625" + 3.625" + 8" = 15.25"

For ease of getting into and out of rack, 16".

Rose.

Where is the inches from. The valves don't go past the tanks.

Unassembled I get 7.25+7.25 (tank diameters) + 2 for the space in the bands so 16.5 + boots

I used UHMWPE but Nylon is also a good choice. Plastic cutting boards would work if you don't have a commercial plastics supplier nearby.

The challenge is cutting the blocks accurately enough (width and parallel). Woodworking machinery (not hand held) like table saws, chop saws, and router tables can do the job with the right fixtures. These parts are small so can be very dangerous to work with. Of course it can be done with woodworking hand tools if you have those skills.
I have 3/4" UHMWPE sheets that have a pile of circles cut out of them, but with sufficient remaining area at the ends (former clamping area) to use for this purpose.
They'll get cut out on my CNC mill, so "accurate" just comes down to preventing garbage-in :wink:.

With this, I guess there really is no "standard" for size as actual tank diameter becomes the critical variable.

Where is the inches from. The valves don't go past the tanks.

Unassembled I get 7.25+7.25 (tank diameters) + 2 for the space in the bands so 16.5 + boots

Really,

8' center to center, and half the diameter of the cylinder on each side of the 8'', or 8''+ 7.25'' = 15.25

My two sets of double HP steel 80s are 7.25'' each, with 8'' center to center manifold, outside tank to outside tank is 15.25.

Rose.

Really,

8' center to center, and half the diameter of the cylinder on each side of the 8'', or 8''+ 7.25'' = 15.25

My two sets of double HP steel 80s are 7.25'' each, with 8'' center to center manifold, outside tank to outside tank is 15.25.

Rose.

Good to know thanks.

Good to know thanks.

FN,

Some manifolds are slightly different.

My Thermo manifold and OMS bands are set at 8'' center to center. depending on band selection, and age of bands selected, you may be able to adjust up to 8.5'' center to center, although with 8.5'' center to center, you haven't captured much thread on your isolator valve.

Neither of my sets are showing exposed threads on the isolator valve, which is canted in slightly.

My sets do not have boots.

Best,

Rose.

See post 18

Both XS-Scuba and Thermo specify 215mm centers. Thermo makes a narrower isolation valve for 190mm centers or 7.48031". Both make up to +/- 5 mm or 0.2". These dimension are consistent with manifolds in my shop that I measured with digital and dial calipers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom