Wife needs to finish OW certification, certification dive prices, WACKY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The entire course is regular $395 at my lds, just if needed the referral checkout dive is $125. Also I have found the prices listed at most shops on Ambergris Caye include a $30 PIC fee, well that is already covered with my lds class fee, we just need to bring back the paperwork to them.

The Instructor that completes your "referral checkout dives" is the one who certifies you, submits the paperwork and recieves the credit for doing so.

Your LDS has nothing to do with your certification process if you do your "referral checkout dives" elsewhere.

How lackadaisical was your instruction or is it that you mean to say, once you are on island you may be able to price negotiate with Amigos because 1) you are a returning client and 2) you AND your wife will be diving with them after her completion of instruction/certification.

I don't mind a relaxed attitude. My instructor back in the day was a very chill dude but he didn't skimp on anything when iht came to educating me.

60F?? I'd have killed for the water I certified in to have been anywhere near that warm. Tell your wife to put on her big girl panties and a 7mil suit and get 'er done.

Then when she gets to San Pedro she can take her AOW.
Less expensive overall, broader range of dive experience in her log book and therefor, more enjoyable dives during this and future trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom