Wife wants a camera and housing for Christmas - (Small and easy to use)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salth2owannabe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The wife has been bugging me to get her a camera. I'm thinking about the Olympus TG-4 and the Olympus housing.
The key here is something fairly easy to use so she doesn't get frustrated with it, her first underwater camera experience. I've thought about the canon G16 but it might be too much camera for a starter. Looking for something she can have fun with and shoot some relatively decent shots. Maybe upgrade in a few years if she finds she's having fun with it. Any help or suggestions on what direction to go would be much appreciated.

I have a first gen TG 1. It has survived multiple vacations with pre teen and teens. Still going strong.
Olympus housing is easy to use and offers function.
Preset settings are great for underwater, night, low light etc use.

I have a first gen TG 1. It has survived multiple vacations with pre teen and teens. Still going strong.
Olympus housing is easy to use and offers function.
Preset settings are great for underwater, night, low light etc use.

Thank you,
From the reviews I've read, it appears that Olympus series is pretty intuitive and folks seem to be happy with them.
I prefer simple video and know nothing about the still photo side of things. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge available here.

I am no camera guru but it does what I want it to with a limited number of adjustments.
Fyi, just had mine on a week long trip on Blackbeards. Only had to charge it once. Battery life is phenomenal.
I do plan on getting a simple tray with two flood lights to improve the pics though. The onboard flash causes too much scatter. Not unique to this camera by any means although the dive case does have a diffuser for the flash.

Sealife Micro - no housing, no leaks, easy setup

I am upgrading so I have two Intova Sport HDs for sale. You can't go wrong with these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom