Wife will not let me dive without a dive master..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some are missing the point of a strong marriage ..... You love and except that person for all the good and bad... The wife and I don't agree on everything.. But we except that ... You think she was happy when I came home from a skydiving trip to Florida and said I wanted to move to Brazil and start a para-sail company.... She had a two babies. 2yr old and a 6 month old... She let me go...

Why, In her own words. "If you don't do this.... You'll regrete it for the rest of your life. I love you.. be safe "

That is love.... Jim

Wife made me fix what she " said to me " yes honey....

Last edited:
Diver0001. any chance she is a horder?????

Choosing your battles is good advice. Both myself and my wife have habits that the other one doesn't quite accept. For example, I would like to accept it that my wife has a strange (to me) need (and it is a need) to pile up papers (old post, newspapers, magazines, books etc). She thinks it makes the house look "lived in". I think it makes the house look cluttered. There have been discussions and the net result is zero. I've lived with her for over 18 years and I'm sure now that there will be no winning ground on this. Therefore, I've learned to only discuss it when my clutter alarm is reaching critical. For her part she's learned to not to call me autistic when I spaz out about it and file everything away (I try hard to not do it in alphabetical order LOL) or to throw away 36 metric tonnes of old (sometimes unread) newspapers. I don't even read newpapers. I get all of my news from the internet. Why would anyone voluntarily clutter up their house with newspapers in this day and age. I don't get it.

If we fought about this, it would be a constant source of friction in the relationship but it would solve nothing. I guess I could "grow a pair" and "lay down the law" like some of the old-school guys on this thread but it would still accomplish nothing and forcing my wife into an unnatural mode of behaviour (namely, enforcing my anti-piles-of-paper-spaz-mode on her) would make her unhappy, which would ultimately make both of us unhappy.

So we both adjust and try to find a happy medium that we can both live with.... but in reality, we're both picking our battles.

R..

So if I'm reading that right you up and left your wife twisting in the wind with a toddler and a baby while you took off to Brazil to chase a dream?

If that's really true then with all due respect what are you doing posting on a thread about how MEN act in relationships?

R..

Diver0001. any chance she is a horder?????

Must have overstated my case. The point I tried to make is that we have a big difference in tolerance to clutter from piles of paper

So if I'm reading that right you up and left your wife twisting in the wind with a toddler and a baby while you took off to Brazil to chase a dream?

If that's really true then with all due respect what are you doing posting on a thread about how MEN act in relationships?

R..

Must have overstated my case. The point I tried to make is that we have a big difference in tolerance to clutter from piles of paper

No one was " left twisting in the wind" .... I guess it just doesn't matter if you understand the way it works.. My wife whated to be a stay at home mom... I did what ever it took to make that happen.. She never was asked to or made to feel that she need to help with the money end of the house.. When she wanted to go to college I picked up the extra slack so she could do it.. She got a BS in social work with a 4.0 GPA.. She has done every thing she has wanted in life.. She has been gone 4 weeks to be with her sick mom.. She is a very happy girl..

As you see it works both ways.. Like I posted before 33 years of marriage and we still act like kids in love for the first time ..
I'm told by many couples that they wish they had what we have...

Jim

She has done every thing she has wanted in life..

You mean aside from raising the children together with a partner. I wonder what good it did the kids that Dad was off living his boyhood dream when he had signed up for a long term commitment (to them at any rate, even if your wife was old enough to make her own decisions) and then just ran off then they needed him. I'm glad for her that you at least stuck to the financianl end of your responsibility. SHE does sound amazing.

I mean, I understand getting room to do stuff. I sometimes go on vacation alone for a week or 2 to get my head out of the tornado and really decompress from real life. My wife does too. But there's giving room and saying something like, "Caio baby, I'm off to Egypt to be a diving instructor and I'll be back when I feel like it. Have fun raising the kids."

R..

I guess you don't get it.... Is it any differt then the long haul trucker that's gone out on the road 3-5 weeks at a time then is home a few days and then gone again ? Is it differt then the airline pilot that's gone 90% of the time... Or the lawyer that works 20 hours a day six days a week... ( I know one ) ... The small businesses owner that works 18 hours a day 7 days a week... All the same....

I have three amazing kids... I have a amazing wife.... I have done EVERYTHING I ever wanted ... And have help make their dreams come true....

When the boys want dirt bikes... it turned in to a full blown motocross race team with all the trimmings... We raced for 6 years... Them living out their dream of being motocross racers... Dad turning wrenches and having the wallet ....

Jim...

Last edited:
sOUNDS LIKE THE MAIN DISCUSSION IN REGARDS TO THE OP IS OVER SO IM GONE.

Good idea. The mud slinging isn't at all helpful to the OP in my opinion.

who was the guy on saturday night live ,a black guy that would give funny ,suave advice on keeping his wemens happy and how to be a ladies man?
Maybe we could get him to reply on this thread,:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom