Wild Baja - Humpback whales, sharks, sea lions, mobulas, dolphins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Premo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a short video from a couple land based trips in Baja California Sur, Mexico (La Paz and Cabo San Lucas). We did see Humpback whales, silky sharks, sea lions, dolphins, mobula rays and a very curious turtle. It was shot with a Sony A6500 in a Nauticam housing (10-18mm F4 lens and 16mm 2.8 lens with fish eye converter), drone shots were done with the mavic pro. I hope you enjoy.

Really like the shot of the sealion appearing from a school of fish! Very dramatic!

How is A6500 underwater manual white balance capabilities? Did you use a filter?

Really like the shot of the sealion appearing from a school of fish! Very dramatic!

How is A6500 underwater manual white balance capabilities? Did you use a filter?
Thanks. I didn't use a filter and the manual white balance is a pain. Quite often I get the infamous sony white balance error but overall I'm happy with the camera.

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. When were you diving there and who did you go out with (looks like you did a pelagic safari trip)? I was in CSL in late Dec but we were told we missed the schooling rays. :(

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. When were you diving there and who did you go out with (looks like you did a pelagic safari trip)? I was in CSL in late Dec but we were told we missed the schooling rays. :(
Thanks. I went a couple days with Pelagic Safari and some others with Cabo Shark Dive. The schooling rays we actually saw early January 3rd or so. But it was right at sunset so there wasn't enough light for a good video. The days before we didn't see any rays, so I got lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom