Wildlife habitat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't hunt-just not interested. I do raise my own meat in the form of beef,pork and chicken. I think that there is a big difference between and individual hunting or fishing and commercial harvesting of anything. I recently saw a documentary on cod fishing in Canadian waters. They are trying to regulate the harvest and if I remember there was even a moratorium for a while. The research showed that the population is not rebounding as expected. The over fishing was just too severe and the fisherman are to capable of catching the fish as soon as they meet the size and age requirements. Although the program focused on Canadian fishing the same is true world wide. Overall my pessimistic opinion is that the human race cannot live sustainably on planet Earth. In the mean time I enjoy looking at all the critters I can while I can.

Back
Top Bottom