Will a yoke fitting work on HP tanks.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfdiver140

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking of purchasing HP 100 steel tanks. I have a Scuba Pro S600 reg with a Mk25 1st stage with a yoke fitting that I bought new from a Scuba Pro dealer (LDS) will the yoke work on HP tank that are filled to 3450? Wondering if I need to switch to a din fitting. thank you - steve [/SIZE]

Take a look at the Yoke fitting on your regulator. If it's stamped "232 Bar" or thereabouts, then you'll have no problem using it with a Pro DIN/K valve as Dave wisely points out.

It's been years and years since the Scubapro yokes were manufactured to only 200 Bar (3000 psi), so if you just bought it new, you're golden.

As a FYI, if you can, specify Thermo valves. The XS Scuba "house brand" has a few different bits inside that can make rebuilds occasionally a PITA, whereas Thermo valves, and their parts, are available around the world.

All the best, James

From Leisure Pro or most any other store you can get the conversion kit to DIN for around $50. DIN is a far superior connection and very easy to swap back to yoke for those warm water vacations. Takes less than 5 minutes.

With that said, yes you can use your regs just fine with the convertible valve. The MK25 is rated for a 4,200 psi working pressure with a 300 bar DIN connection.

If it's a '3442' psi tank, then you can use a convertible valve on it. This will have a doughnut you can swap in and out as needed, and a 232bar 5 thread din fitting when taken out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom