Will it work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiro_Afila

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have emailed Tobin to ask, and Im sure he will reply quickly, but I thought maybe someone has a backplate like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290159363044&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019
and would know off hand if it will work with the DSS Torus 26# wing. Im not trying to be cheap, Im just NOT rich, and got this for a good price off ebay. Any imput would be appreciated, or maybe Tobin will see this and respond. Thanks

Tiro,

Have you looked at what we deliver in our package deals? Have you priced out what you will pay buying piecemeal? If you buy a Torus wing and the cambands and the wedge blocks separately you stand to pay more than our package price, depending on what you pay in freight from two suppliers, and that's for a used plate.

I have no idea if the Ebay plate you purchased will work well, or ok or at all with the wings I sell. Why? Because I don't have an example of every plate ever made, and I hesitate to state or predict how my goods will work in combinations I've perhaps never tried. It probably can be made to work, but may require a Single Tank Adapter. Did you ask the seller if his plate will work with a DSS wing?

Does your plate have the same over all bend as a DSS plate?. Is the center channel the same width and depth? What about the location of the holes in the center channel relative to the camband slots? What is the spacing of the camband slots?

At better time to ask this question is before your are the winning bidder.

Good luck,

Tobin

Ya, well I guess I thought there was a little more of a standarized fit, then they obviously are. Thanks anyways.

For $470 I just had a complete DSS kit shipped with SS bp, harness, knife, and 26#Torus wing. If you add the price of this wing + shipping to the ebay BP + shipping you are looking at the same amount. It's definitely better to go with the DSS package because you know what you are getting. I hate to say it, but if you can get out of that auction do so.

I never try to get out of auctions. I will just throw the BP in a corner, and order a setup from my local dive shop. I should have done that to start with, I just thought I could save some money. That will teach me for being cheap.

I wish I had known about DSS when I bought my cave gear as I could have saved a LOT of money. DSS makes great gear, and full rigs are very affordable especially given the prices provided by the 'rig configurator' (which I don't believe was around when I went to buy my gear). Timing is everything.

Back
Top Bottom