Will Quick Neck fit on small suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all - I have a Bare CD4 Pro Drysuit (4 mm compressed neoprene). It is a ladies small size. I need a larger opening for my head, so I have to replace the neck seal. I would love to go with silicone. I phoned Bare twice, and got two different answers - first person said Neck Tite would fit, second person said no way, not enough room between the valve on the chest and the zipper on the back.

Does anyone know any smaller ladies using either the Quick Neck or Neck Tite system? What kind of suit do they have? How do these rings fit/feel with a smaller woman's shoulders? Any info would be appreciated!

I heard there was a construction change needed to install the replaceable neck seal. But I'd suggest calling Gamble Scuba in Gainesville Florida and asking him, he repairs and tailors drysuits 7 days a week.

I will tell you from personal experience, that the neck ring will impact your mobility in the suit. You may find it impossible to reach your dump valve with it. Even if there is room for it in the suit, it is awfully wide on a person with narrow shoulders.

It impacts my mobility in my suit, and I'm diving a men's medium (iirc, it's on the way back to bare to get them to use the right glue on the packets and pee valve) bare trilam suit. But knowing I can swap the seal on my only drysuit in some reasonable period currently seems worth it. if I buy a second suit it probably won't have that, because then I 'll have a spare drysuit with a good seal.

I had the Neck Tite removed from my suit because it does impact mobility. But I thought the Quick Neck was a redesign for improved flexibility. If so, the Quick Neck might work in a small size suit. DRIS might know for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom