Will there be a mini-season this year???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stay home, be safe. Don't come to south Florida to dive, way too disfuncional.
Methinks @Ana wants all the bugs to herself! :D :D :D Gotta catch 'em all! :D

Not sure if this is fake news but I heard they are closing the keys (boat ramps, beaches not sure what else) sometime this week until 2dn week of August.

That's going to mess some people's plans. A bit sneaky to come out with that this late, sure hope they don't re-route north.

When Broward county, not even Miami-dade, has more cases of covid19 than some countries why would anyone want to come visit?

Go to the local grocery store and buy yourself a few lobsters and call it good. And go dive elsewhere.

When Broward county, not even Miami-dade, has more cases of covid19 than some countries why would anyone want to come visit?

Go to the local grocery store and buy yourself a few lobsters and call it good. And go dive elsewhere.

I quit trying to figure people out, these days I prepare for everyone to act stupidly and hope to be at least half wrong.

Not sure if this is fake news but I heard they are closing the keys (boat ramps, beaches not sure what else) sometime this week until 2dn week of August.

That's going to mess some people's plans. A bit sneaky to come out with that this late, sure hope they don't re-route north.
Islamorada did it last week.(ramps beaches fills parks)It appears the county after receiving criticism for not supporting Islamorada may be doing it today.
Meetings at 9 am, i will post if i hear anything

I quit trying to figure people out, these days I prepare for everyone to act stupidly and hope to be at least half wrong.
People never cease to amaze me.

Just because my little podunk town has 17 cases I'm going to go to a place with 1000x the cases, I'm sure it'll be ok.

Reactions: Ana
People never cease to amaze me.

Just because my little podunk town has 17 cases I'm going to go to a place with 1000x the cases, I'm sure it'll be ok.

I've seen regular examples in Ft. Myers and Bonita Springs of people going about their vacations seemingly oblivious to the pandemic raging around them. No masks, no social distancing, no precautions. "Hey, I'm on vacation! What could happen?!" Unfortunately as long as it's legal the hotels, restaurants and rental businesses gladly cater to them. People and businesses seem unwilling or unable to differentiate between something being allowed and something being wise.

I've seen regular examples in Ft. Myers and Bonita Springs of people going about their vacations seemingly oblivious to the pandemic raging around them. No masks, no social distancing, no precautions. "Hey, I'm on vacation! What could happen?!" Unfortunately as long as it's legal the hotels, restaurants and rental businesses gladly cater to them. People and businesses seem unwilling or unable to differentiate between something being allowed and something being wise.
We were camping in Ocala and went to the springs, silly us thinking they would limit the capacity. Packed in like sardines. Needless to say we spent the weekend hiking instead of hanging out in the springs.

You could tell the folks that were from areas who had been impacted in a greater way. We all wore face coverings and kept away from other people.

A month ago we were on the west coast of Florida, camping again, and stopped at a beach in the way home. Same thing, people packed in like sardines. W. T. F.

I get it, my job tends to make me more risk averse than many, but dang folks are dumb.

For most of the state, the mini-season is still a 'go'.

I wonder how many will be hitting the Keys with their boats only to find out the ramps are all closed. I would love to see a video of their faces. :D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom