Will there be diving in the Philippines this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could contact my asawa ko. Considering you sa doon Manila. I could send you some cash remity. Tapos you buy her a box of chocolates from me and surprise her.:D

PM me Bro.

@Blueringocto_73 Yup..... The Pres done extended our "GCQ" until the end of the month.... We were supposed to move to "MGCQ" (Modified version, slightly less restrictive; for those not following)...... But no, he announced at almost midnight last night that MGCQ would NOT be taking effect as of 6/16, as scheduled...... I have a lot of words, but none are appropriate for public.:rant::rant:

@Blueringocto_73 Yup..... The Pres done extended our "GCQ" until the end of the month.... We were supposed to move to "MGCQ" (Modified version, slightly less restrictive; for those not following).......

I am in Moalboal, Cebu and had been talking Cebu Dive Center and they had hoped that we could dive starting 16 Jun when we went to MGCQ. Now have to wait until 1 July.

I am in Moalboal, Cebu and had been talking Cebu Dive Center and they had hoped that we could dive starting 16 Jun when we went to MGCQ. Now have to wait until 1 July.

Pretty much the same story here in NCR.... :(

I'm not surprised. But I'm chomping at the bit to plant my feet on terra firma sa Pilipinas. Diving would be icing on the cake. Even if its just to share a few brewskies between you and me dude. :cheers:

*Sigh* Duterte extended the General Community Quarantine for NCR and Cebu again.... until July 15 :(

Duterte extends GCQ in Metro Manila until July 15

I'm not surprised. But I'm chomping at the bit to plant my feet on terra firma sa Pilipinas. Diving would be icing on the cake. Even if its just to share a few brewskies between you and me dude. :cheers:

Yeah... I follow... I wish I had better news for us all, but alas, the saga continues...

I cannot confirm if the following is true or not, but apparently, when NCR (Metro Manila) goes into Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) status, foreigners might be allowed in, but under business visa only. Again, this is not confirmed, and it could change at any time either way... But maybe it's a light beginning to appear at the end of the tunnel.

Sounds promising. I'm a businessman I have bonafide credentials if they need it. :D

at least Duterte hasn't announced open season on the infected.

Just get this sht figured out by November, please.

For those wanting to travel to the Philippines, as of July 21, 2020, You need a Philippine passport to be granted entry. I heard of travelers arriving at LAX just to be refused boarding on PAL because they are not Philippine passport holders. Below is a link from the PAL website regarding travel requirements.
Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, traveling there may not be an option at this time. It may be a while yet. Bummer :(

from the Philippine Airlines: REMINDER – CHECK TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom