Will this be safe to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anybody here ever had to go to reg rehab or reganon?
I’m down to 5 sets instead of boxes full so I think I have a handle on it.

That is what they all say. Actually, now you have gone on a quest to build the perfect backplate, just changing one addiction for another.

Bob

A good buffing wheel with a white polishing bar will make the outside look brand new.. And it'll leave a nice waxy film to stop it from happening again...

Jim...

ah, the avenues of side trips....

resurrecting "common" older stuff
vintage single hose
vintage double hose
"old", not vintage "stuff"
vintage "stuff"
new double hose stuff
chasing "new and improved" stuff

I need a storage facility for the various "stuff" :surrender:

vintage single hose
vintage double hose
vintage "stuff"
new double hose stuff

Hey man..you got any “stuff”??

vintage single hose
vintage double hose
vintage "stuff"
new double hose stuff

If you are looking for a storage facility which includes a wide range of ambient pressures, send them my way for "storage"

I've not worried about reg aesthetics much, but it's interesting reading the refurb tips in this thread. Makes me want to shine a few regs.

AS everyone else has pointed out, it appears it won't affect reg performance and you should be fine.

That is what they all say. Actually, now you have gone on a quest to build the perfect backplate, just changing one addiction for another.

Bob
No, the plate thing is just artistic OCD, a totally different illness.
Dive gear is more of a hoarding addiction.
Regs can be bad, but tanks can be worse. I had a steel 72 rescue center for a while that got out of hand. I was up to over 100 and now I’m down to about 40, so I think I have a handle on it. (I’m kidding).

I had a house fire a few weeks ago... Lost a lot of my old gear... The only bright side of it is ordering 2 NEW set's of Conshelf XIV supremes ..... But, I'll still have to find the 109's... And I had a right and left hand model... That'll be fun to find...

Jim..

Back
Top Bottom