Will trade beer for dive buddy!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetvet

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HELP....I am stuck in N. Vancouver over Christmas with the In-Laws. I am trying to arrange a day of (escape) diving with Ocean Explorers on Dec 22,23 or 26, but they have nobody on the boat yet, and they insist (rightly so) that I have a dive buddy. They will run the boat with 2 people. You could earn FREE BEER (post dive, preferrably) if you are interested in diving with these guys at this time. I am an experienced diver with lots of cold water dives under my belt. Am very safety conscious (full cave certification will do that :wink: ) and easy going about dive planning....most any kind of dive will do.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

P.S. I would be interested in doing shore dives also, if that would work better....just need a place to rent tanks and weights. I am in N. Vancouver, and somewhat limited by not having my own vehicle, but could catch a ride with the wife if it is not too far.

PLEASE DONT SUBJECT ME TO A WHOLE WEEK OF HER FAMILY!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Mike Petrik,

Wetvet

Mike:

Am very interested, I am just getting back into cold water diving, just purchased a drysuit and all my gear yesterday. Will be setting it all up this Saturday on a shore dive. Plan to do mostly boat dives - because I can.:D

23 or 26 work for me, my partner has a deadline January 2 so she is busy and would be happy to get me out of the house.

Just certified for nitrox, just certified for dry, do not know the local waters (in Vancouver) do know Victoria but it has been 20 years or so. Have not dived in Naniamo at all. Did a fair amount of cold water diving early 80's but work got in the way so gave it up for warm water only.

Just spent some time in Australia - 18 dives - liveaboard in October so am not just jumping in.

I have a car, but a 2 seater filled with my dive gear is a little cramped, so don't think I can offer a lift - still working out the logistics of putting gear in car and not dripping water onto seats or battery in trunk so I don't quite know yet.

Do know Naniamo quite well so can suggest a location or two for beers from downright sleezy to very nice waterfront pubs.

PM me if interested

Going to Naniamo on the 23rd, have a boat chartered with Ocean Explorer - currently me and Mike coming in from back east. If you are interested PM me and I will add you to the list. $55 a dive - they supply weights and tanks. Need to be on the ferry from Vancouver at 8:30.

At the moment I am thinking two dives. but we may try for three. Depends on who comes along - experience level etc.

Somehow don't think it would make it past US Customs, but we'll have one for you:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom