Willis Pt pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
Some video frame grabs from this morning at willis pt. with Hyper-limits. -Went down the wall to the sponges 120-130 ft. deep. Lots of moon/water jellyfish and "clumpy white stuff". Vis was nevertheless suprisingly good.
Nice pics Mark. Is that Al with a single tank? Wow you don't see that every day.

wedivebc:
Nice pics Mark. Is that Al with a single tank? Wow you don't see that every day.

Yeah that me with a single tank, Double are a lot more fun except when is time to walk up the hill after the dive. :wink:

swankenstein:
He had to ditch the other one at 300 ft to decoy away the six-gill. It's lucky I had my bailout bottle to share with him on the 2-hour deco stop.
I'd believe you but no six gill is dumb enough to fall for that old trick.

swankenstein:
Some video frame grabs from this morning at willis pt. with Hyper-limits. -Went down the wall to the sponges 120-130 ft. deep. Lots of moon/water jellyfish and "clumpy white stuff". Vis was nevertheless suprisingly good.

Some pretty nice pics! I have a question about the twelfth picture, though. How large is that creature or sponge there? It looks big, as the diver appears smaller than it, at least from this perspective. :)

Catch you later,
Christian

MrC:
Some pretty nice pics! I have a question about the twelfth picture, though. How large is that creature or sponge there? It looks big, as the diver appears smaller than it, at least from this perspective. :)

Catch you later,
Christian

That is commonly know as a Plumose Anemone. The largest I have seen was about 40cm (3 feet, 4 inches) long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom