Wilma... wonderful, just wonderful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lilycat:
I'm tired of hurricanes - can we get off this ride? Where is the exit? I guess we'll be glued to the news for just a little bit longer this year. hmph.

I don't worry so much about huricanes anymore.

I moved to Houston, ALASKA. :D

For the rest of you still in the line of blast, I hope she weakens and goes in a less damaging direction.

DandyDon:
Looks like she's gonna shake up The Bay Islands and Belize, then go on to hit Cozumel and Cancun at the end of the week. I guess there will be divers on the Honduran and Belize islands as well as the Mexican sites as she does, but what amzes me is that trourists will think about flying into these place right before she hits - or arrive without checking.

Yeah like Kriterian and the rest of the folks from NC! We've been here since this past Saturday and have only had maybe 6 hours of sunshine the whole time and now we're getting some heavy rain at night.

It's fun though! I <3 Cocoview

jstuart1:
I agree about trip insurance.

I generally don't bother but I don't usually travel down there during hurricane season and totally forgot about it. I'm not worried about CCV, they generally offer vouchers but I'd hate to lose the airfare. Oh well.....life is full of chances!

Kriterian:
Yeah like Kriterian and the rest of the folks from NC! We've been here since this past Saturday and have only had maybe 6 hours of sunshine the whole time and now we're getting some heavy rain at night.

It's fun though! I <3 Cocoview
Uh, Seafood Fest in Morehead is to celebrate the end of Hurrican Seasons In NC!! It runs later in the Caribbean and Gulf. :D I feel your pain, tho. I spent a week on the Florida Keys once, blown out most days. Went to sea on a cramped Blackbeards once, spent two whole days in bed with flu and got I think 5 dives. It happens. Glad your huts are on the south side of the rock there. :thumb:

I usually don't bother with Trip Insurance either.

This year we're using the airfare we paid for last year, The flights were cancelled due to hurricane damage. Also the resort is allowing us to use last years 2 weeks as well. :D

I do the trip insurance for a lot more than just small airfare pentalies or hotel vouchers.

Welcome to my world..
Wilma prior to it becoming a hurricane dumped something like 10 inches of rain here over the weekend, even more at higher altitudes.
Landslides, mudslides around the country and it even caused my dive to be cancelled yesterday.
The problem though that because it's so slow moving it'll likely rain for a few more days here leading to more flooding.

Since i've started diving, i've realised how dependent most marine activities are on the weather, winds, rains etc.
There even seem to be more hurricanes now than in the 80's...
H. Ivan trashed most of the wrecks around here, especially around Kingston..

Sigh, let's hope that it doesn't wreak too much damage for the areas in the forecast map!

Jam...we'll keep you and the island in our best thoughts.

With the latest predictions, looks like we'll be in the clear, both at the resort and with flights.

Dee:
Jam...we'll keep you and the island in our best thoughts.

With the latest predictions, looks like we'll be in the clear, both at the resort and with flights.

You should be ok. Latest predictions are for it to head straight at us instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom