WINAIR to Bonaire, starting July 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
WinAir says they will start flying St Martin to Bonaire on July 1.
https://www.fly-winair.sx/winair-ann...onaire-23.html

Playing with their website, it appears to be evening (1715-2015) flights SXM-BON on T,W, F, and Su, and return to SXM in the mornings on W, Th, Sa, and M, i.e. the day following. Cost is about $180-200 one-way, double that RT. Flights midweek are cheaper.

There are LOTS of flights to SXM from the US, at decent prices. For example, from the DC area to SXM is $400-500, depending on the airline.

You can now do the illusive Weds-Weds trip to Bonaire for a reasonable price on reasonable airlines with reasonable baggage policies! Or the even more illusive 10-day trip.

I guess if you live close to one of Winair's hub/spoke locations this is a good deal. Their price from where I live is much the same and would add yet another stop on what is already a minimum 3 stop itinerary. Of course the competition can't hurt, but would American decide to go through SXM instead of MIA? Doubtful.

I guess if you live close to one of Winair's hub/spoke locations this is a good deal. Their price from where I live is much the same and would add yet another stop on what is already a minimum 3 stop itinerary. Of course the competition can't hurt, but would American decide to go through SXM instead of MIA? Doubtful.
The important thing is you can get to Bonaire on a day other than Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom