Wind at San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lthomas132

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been blowing a stink, 20 mph, since we arrived 5-29. Very few boats venturing outside the reef. Bummer

Ugh. Is it supposed to die down? We are heading there in four days.
You're in luck according to WindGuru, www.windguru.com. It's supposed to subside starting tomorrow, 5-10 mph next week. My dive bud went on 1 dive, called the 2ND dive due to Hugh swells trying to board the dive boat.

Here's a pic of the Reef with swells breaking on it.

Attachments

• 20170531_133254.jpg
    20170531_133254.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 88
Thanks for the info, looks like I may be in luck. Can you still dive the reef when it is high swells like that?

Thanks for the info, looks like I may be in luck. Can you still dive the reef when it is high swells like that?
Yes, if the dive boats will go. Makes for a tough ladder exit though if you're older like me.

Winds are laying, seas are calming. We leave today..........figures

Bummer!!! We just arrived today, and are going to set something up for the day after tomorrow. We arrived too late to schedule something, and my dad's luggage with his BC is AWOL (we think its still sitting at the Belize City Airport).

Back
Top Bottom