Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love you Texas meteorologists, beautiful partly cloudy day, probably low 80's with maybe, just maybe a touch of a breeze sitting on my back porch right now - LOL

I love you Texas meteorologists, beautiful partly cloudy day, probably low 80's with maybe, just maybe a touch of a breeze sitting on my back porch right now - LOL
Yeah, sure - Now. I'd bet it always nice the day before a north front hits.
Now it's thinking blowouts Tuesday and next Saturday, maybe, subject to change...

View attachment 627315

Not sure if the port captain is very interested in actual local weather observations.

Your Norte has arrived - at least the cold air and rain LOL - it was a beautiful day though!

Your Norte has arrived - at least the cold air and rain LOL - it was a beautiful day though!
If its any consolation up here on the back side of it, it's an absolutely beautiful day. Question though, did the port close prior to the arrival?
Plan on being back down this weekend for the next one though.

If its any consolation up here on the back side of it, it's an absolutely beautiful day. Question though, did the port close prior to the arrival?
Plan on being back down this weekend for the next one though.

I don't think so as one guy posted pics from his boat of the clouds rolling in about 4:30. At 4:45, off to the East it was sun shining, shut the front door facing West and it was a dark cloud, laid on the couch for 10 minutes and the wind and rain started - up till then it was real light wind. It was just a little brief thing so far, wind is back down, small gusts every now and then.

I think, at least putting pieces together, some of the Port Captain difference is they are under the Navy now verses whomever before. This is coming from the guy that docks the cruise ships, he's my neighbor - he said the Navy was more black and white when it comes to rules verses what was before. This was applying to safety inspections, DM's with mariner cards, what they would accept as a mariner card etc.... I don't know how true or real it is and how it effects everything - I know that we'd get off one of Dave's boats that had to follow all the rules and we'd walk past a snorkeling boat stuffing everyone on it and you could count the safety items missing - maybe that's still happening today.

Does the Cozumel Sam's Club carry snow shovels? :D

This week in 2011 I was staying across the way in Akumal when an El Norte blew in and the temp dropped to the high 40's/ low 50's it was not fun, people were cold. I always bring some long pants and a jacket in the winter ever since

Back
Top Bottom