Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tarponchik, we were there two weeks ago and the protocols were to generally wear a mask when around others (the locals are all masked in nearly all activities), you sanitize your shoes and hands upon entry into every store or restaurant, and they generally take and record your temperature upon entry. The dive boats seemed to do the same except for sanitizing your feet. The boats are operating at a more limited capacity... like 70 or 80% and the concierge operators generally will keep all of your gear except for masks and regs (some won't keep wetsuits either, but 3P did). Seemed like reasonable restrictions and still very enjoyable.
Thank you! This sounds good. Are there any dive shops that dive at least 3 times a day? Last time we were there we didn't check and ended up with 2 dives only.

Port stayed open. Dived this morning delayed about an hour or so. My dive op is busy running morning and afternoon boats.

Thank you! This sounds good. Are there any dive shops that dive at least 3 times a day? Last time we were there we didn't check and ended up with 2 dives only.

I am going in December (11-18) and staying/diving at Blue Angel. I would like to do at least 3 dives a day, but so far they are only confirming the morning dives and the afternoon and evening/night boats only go out with the minimum amount of divers (4 I believe? maybe 6?). I have reached out to a few other ops and been told the same thing, that the afternoon boats are more of a last minute booking, especially as I am traveling solo.

I am going in December (11-18) and staying/diving at Blue Angel. I would like to do at least 3 dives a day, but so far they are only confirming the morning dives and the afternoon and evening/night boats only go out with the minimum amount of divers (4 I believe? maybe 6?). I have reached out to a few other ops and been told the same thing, that the afternoon boats are more of a last minute booking, especially as I am traveling solo.
I think you'll find that that is the way Cozumel diving works in general and that exceptions are rare. I think it's partly conservation of resources by dive ops, but it's also the ops serving the market, i.e. providing dives when they are desired by their clientele. Afternoon dives are much less common than morning dives because most divers want to dive in the morning and relatively few want to dive both in the morning and the afternoon. Morning dives are usually sufficient for me, but YMMV.

I have reached out to a few other ops and been told the same thing, that the afternoon boats are more of a last minute booking, especially as I am traveling solo.
Did you try Salty Endeavors? I was there during a slow week a few years ago and often had a private boat. It was costly for them, but their intent is go anytime they have customers. The services, boats, and diving were great as well. Best Dive Shop in Cozumel | Scuba Diving Instructors in Mexico

I can only guess that they dock & leave before you notice.

Did it stay open?

ferries ran today for the first time today. Busy but not a bad crazy

I can only guess that they dock & leave before you notice.

Did it stay open?
Yes very Calm, occasional heavy rain bands but currently little wind. While visibility was not great it was OK and much better than I expected due to the recent seas and rains, pleasantly surprised.

ferries ran today for the first time today. Busy but not a bad crazy
Glad that you are back with your wife and passport.

Did you try Salty Endeavors? I was there during a slow week a few years ago and often had a private boat. It was costly for them, but their intent is go anytime they have customers. The services, boats, and diving were great as well. Best Dive Shop in Cozumel | Scuba Diving Instructors in Mexico

Thanks! I will give them a call when it gets a little closer. Hoping others book the Blue Angel afternoon dives so I don't have to move gear around, but want to get in as many dives as possible and will do what I have to do!

Back
Top Bottom