Wing and Octopus position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for a 36 to 40 inch, you don't wrap around the head, it just runs underneath your arm.
So you suggest I change the hose now and change again in april ?

Probably makes sense, but I am a bit lazy ...

So you suggest I change the hose now and change again in april ?

Probably makes sense, but I am a bit lazy ...
Is your current octo hose longer than your primary hose? Most octos seem to ship with a longer hose than the primary.

If so, cheapest option would be to buy a 22" hose for your current octo to run on a necklace (will work for you now and in the future when you go to the long hose) and put your current primary on the longer octo hose until you switch to the long hose.

Is your current octo hose longer than your primary hose? Most octos seem to ship with a longer hose than the primary.

If so, cheapest option would be to buy a 22" hose for your current octo to run on a necklace (will work for you now and in the future when you go to the long hose) and put your current primary on the longer octo hose until you switch to the long hose.
I just got back home, I measured my octo and it is 92cm which is roughly 35”.

Are you saying that my octo is currently too long to be left in a necklace under my chin ?

Yes, use your 35" hose with your primary 2 nd stage under your arm, and your 22" hose with octo reg and necklace. Best is 35" hose with 90° adapter

pk-741003_1.jpg

Are you saying that my octo is currently too long to be left in a necklace under my chin ?
Although with BSAC you can dive with a primary donate configuration, you can’t do any training that involves AS as secondary take is the taught method.

Can it be done? Sure. It's way too much hose and will be a burden though. Also, when you get to doing fundies, you'll have to swap it out anyway.

I'd get a 22" hose (which you'll need for fundies anyway) to put the octopus on, and run your primary on the 35" hose until you swap to the long hose.

Can it be done? Sure. It's way too much hose and will be a burden though. Also, when you get to doing fundies, you'll have to swap it out anyway.

I'd get a 22" hose (which you'll need for fundies anyway) to put the octopus on, and run your primary on the 35" hose until you swap to the long hose.
I am gonna get annoyed at my primary being on a yellow hose :/

I see what you guys mean but I think my instructor at BSAC will not be too happy at me having a short octo and donating my primary. I’ll ask though.

If not that will have to wait until April.

You can certainly pay for a not yellow one if you'd prefer. There is an argument that could be made that if you're going to be primary donating and diving with others that aren't familiar with primary donate that having a yellow hose on your primary can help communicate to them that that is the reg they'd receive.

I see what you guys mean but I think my instructor at BSAC will not be too happy at me having a short octo and donating my primary. I’ll ask though.

If not that will have to wait until April.
@saxman242 has a good suggestion. I don’t understand why your instructor wouldn’t let you dive that way, you can dive however way you want really but if you don’t think they’d be enthusiastic about it, I’d probably wait til after the course until you’re more comfortable diving that way. And I wouldn’t bother mentioning that you’re doing a GUE course to your club unless they specifically ask. Let them think you magically got better :). Good luck I hope you enjoy it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom