Winter pool time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Felipe S

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone in the Ottawa area know of any clubs or stores that have regular pool time practices during the winter months?

Sharkey's regularly runs classes through the year. It may be possible to gain access to the pool if you call the shop.

Sharkey's regularly runs classes through the year. It may be possible to gain access to the pool if you call the shop.
I sent them an email, thanks

I sent them an email, thanks
If you have the time, I would call them or even better yet go in and speak to them in person. It is relatively easy to say "I'm sorry but no." to an email. It is harder to do over the phone when speaking to the person you are rejecting. It is even tougher to look them in the eye and say "No".

Back when I first started diving I asked Kanata and Divers Warehouse. KDS said I'd need to hire a DM to be there with me (part of their agreement with the pools I guess?) and DW said I'd need to rent their entire pool unless I was in a class. That was back when they owned their own, I'm not sure what they do now.

Has anyone ever had luck asking the pools/rec centers directly?

Back
Top Bottom