Wisdom 2 PC - DC Interface Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underwater Joe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently purchased a wisdom 2 dive computer and am having troubles downloading the dive data to my computer. I downloaded the appropriate USB drivers for windows 7. When I go through the download thread I get to the point of USB Interface found. However, when I connect the cable to my DC, I do not get the PC screen automatically as it states that I should in the instructions. I have disconnected and reconnected (after a 10 second pause) and this doesn't fix the problem. I have also tried inserting the cord after rotating it 180 degrees. Again, no PC screen. I have also manually called up the PC screen by hitting the front button 7 times and then hitting the download button (the "play" button on the PC screen). When I do this, the PC screen reads initializing handshake, but after a short time, it reads "Time Out" and the window closes. I can not figure out what I am doing wrong. It is not completely clear what the orientation of the cable connection to the DC should be -- seems to make sense that the Sherwood Scuba emblem should be face up when the connection is made, but it seems to lock more solidly in place when the emblem is facing down. It might help if you had a drawing or picture of the connection in the instructions to clarify this matter.

Anyway, I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.

Your are right the sherwood goes up. Which version of the wisdom 2 do you have and which version of the cable do you have. There are a couple of recent threads on this subject and you may want to re-read the download instruction. My guess is that you have the first generation of the wisdom 2 and the wrong cable.

I went through TWO bad cables before I got one that works.

The P/N on the dive computer is CG7125. The P/N on the cable is SDK200. Is there a way to tell if these are compatible? I bought them together from Leisurepro.com and, therefore, expect that they should be.

The CG7125 does not automatically go into PC mode, you need to pick the other wisdom2 in the menu. That is the right number for the cable.

The 9100 metal button series is the one that automatically goes into PC mode.

If you have blue buttons on your Wisdom2 then you need the SDK200.
If you have chrome buttons on your Wisdom2 then you need the SDK400.

Like NCadiver states, if you have the blue buttons you need to press the front button to get to the "PC" screen. If you have the chrome buttons, then there is no "PC" screen. It automatically goes into PC Mode.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Sherwood Rep.

Thanks. I got the connection working ....... I chose the wrong DC version when I was setting up the log book. Everything downloaded correctly.

Thanks "Sherwood SCUBA Rep.". I know I am responding after 4 years but wanted to register my disappointment with Sherwood for requiring two different cables for different models of the Wisdom 2 computers. My wife and I bought Wisdom 2 computers approximately 1 year apart. Except for what we thought was a cosmetic change in the buttons, we thought they were identical. Given the high cost of the SDK cables (>$80) I'm surprised that Sherwood did not make at least one of them backward compatible. So looks like I can download my metal key computer but my wife and I agree its not worth investing another $80+ to get a cable for hers.

Thanks "Sherwood SCUBA Rep.". I know I am responding after 4 years but wanted to register my disappointment with Sherwood for requiring two different cables for different models of the Wisdom 2 computers. My wife and I bought Wisdom 2 computers approximately 1 year apart. Except for what we thought was a cosmetic change in the buttons, we thought they were identical. Given the high cost of the SDK cables (>$80) I'm surprised that Sherwood did not make at least one of them backward compatible. So looks like I can download my metal key computer but my wife and I agree its not worth investing another $80+ to get a cable for hers.

You should be able to use the same cable but you have to choose the correct computer from the pull down menu.

I went through TWO bad cables before I got one that works.
Hey -- your neighbor Mark here in peacetown....so you are using a wisdom 2 metal buttons? What are the symptoms of a bad cable? No signal? Mine is timing out.

Back
Top Bottom