wish me luck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba~dog

Registered
Reaction score
Well my basic open water course starts Friday. I am alittle nervous, but I am looking forward to it. wish me luck!

I'm sure you'll have the time of your life. Remember a few things:

Yes skills are required to be mastered - but not in a TIMED fashion (with the exception of the CESA), so don't feel rushed into getting a skill done.

There are no dumb questions, rather questions you want answering, and you deserve to have answered.

Buoyancy is not always something that is easy for everyone, but it will come in time.

The amount of weight you start off with (both in the pool and on your OW) will decrease as you dive more and become comfortable in the water.

Enjoy yourself, many of the folks you take your OW with, are likely to be future dive buddies.

Do keep us informed on how you do

Yeah...What diving Gal said!

You'll do just fine.

Remember to take your time, it's not a race. Stop and think about the skill to be done. While you're waiting your 'turn', visualize yourself doing it step by step.

Let us know how it goes.

Relax!!!! ....really.....if I can do this....well, you know how that goes. Seriously, I was much more than a little nervous about the open water classes but I tried to just relax, breathe steadily and controlled and kept telling myself that if this was as difficult as I was convincing myself that it was going to be then there wouldn't be so many people out there having the time of lives doing it! Just had to change my "view" of what I was about to do. THIS IS FUN!!!!!!Everybody on here is right - just take your time, take your time, take your time...don't feel rushed or allow anybody to rush you and as Dee said "just stop and think about what you are doing" - YOU WILL DO GREAT !!!

I would love to hear your experience being I recently went through it myself. I posted my story on my initial greeting thread. Best of luck, have fun!

Originally posted by Scuba~dog
Well my basic open water course starts Friday. I am alittle nervous, but I am looking forward to it. wish me luck!

Just relax and have fun, it isn't hard and before you know it you will be having tons of fun. Good luck and dive safe.

Rich :mean:

'Dog, it are NORMAL to feel awkward at first! You will see graceful, adept Divemasters & compare yourself to them. "Why, oh why am I stumbling around underwater? Why am I floating then dragging on the sea floor?" Experience will solve diving nose-down, floaty-feet, and other kooky inversions.

So if u r feeling less than mermaid-like during the class, just know that u r no different than nearly all venerable old divers were at first. In a couple of years you will be gliding like a manta!

I am sure you will do well. NO one was moe afraid of diving than I was. I will finish my OW this weekend for my basic and I have already signed up for Advanced! Go figure... once you get going, its hard to stop!!!:) Just remember to have fun!

Back
Top Bottom